Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Take Aways and Cast Aways in Feel Good Win

By: LONNY DEMAREE

This UK football team has been through a lot going all the way back to the diagnosis of Melanoma cancer of Josh Paschal. I won't belabor the well-documented issues the team has had to overcome.

From yesterday's victory, there were 10 takeaways and eight cast-aways.
    1) Terry Wilson exploits accounted for 348-yards in the game. His performance was reminiscent of the 2018 Florida game. His passing was on point and the past speed he had shown also was on point. He turned the corner and turned on the jets for a 32-yard touchdown run.

2) With a 17-point lead at the 8:20 minute mark of the fourth quarter Beau Allen got his first action. He showed poise and the quick release he showed at Lexington Catholic High School. His performance honored the passing of the great Paul Hornung whose award he won.

3) Josh Ali got some help from some other receivers. He should have scored on his 39-yard punt return.

4) Chris Rodriquez with his 149-yards in 13 carrys became the 29 UK running back to reach 1,000-yards. He showed an open field burst on a 74-touchdown run. "I guess I'm faster than I thought I was," Rodriquez quipped.
    5) The tight ends got some endzone action catching two touchdown passes, one each by Justin Rigg and Keaton Upshaw.

6) Despite be two starters down - both guards - the offensive line came out and paid tribute to the deceased John Schlarman by racking 308 rushing yards and pass blocking the best this season.

7 Drake Jackson had by far his best game this season laying down key blocks for Rodriquez.

8) Wide receiver Isaiah Epps got his first catch of the season at the 11:22 mark of the third quarter. The coaches have said he is the one receiver that can take the top off.

9) Both punter Max Duffy and kicker Matt Ruffolo were absent from the game. Kicker Chance Poore and punter Colin Goodfeller showed up admirably.

10) Even though the defense took their foot off the pedal late in the fourth quarter Stoops was happy to get the backup quarterbacks in live-action that was done in thoughts of moving the program forward.

Seven Castaways
    1) Though the Cats accumulated 465-yards in only 55-plays, Stoops was not happy with not getting more plays in the game.

2) Vandy ran 81 plays
    3) No DeAndre Square but D'Eryk Jackson some good experience.

4) What has happened with Josh Paschal since returning from his injury? Perhaps that's a self-fulfilling prophecy given the grueling schedule.

5) The secondary allowed for to many third and fourth-down conversions.

6) Lineback Jamin Davis provided his fifth straight double-digit tackle performance. He didn't get much consistent help from his fellow front seven guys.

7) Davis' unawareness of tying Danny Trevathan's UK record for takeling exploits. In his post-game presser, he show little self aggrandisement for that stat.
  • KSR Twitter Feed