Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky Rifle Signs Allison Buesseler to National Letter of Intent

Wildcats begin 2021 signing class with star performer from Minnesota

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Allison Buesseler, an 11-time state champion that has qualified for the National Junior Olympics three times, has signed a National Letter of Intent to join the Kentucky rifle program in 2021.

University of Kentucky head coach Harry Mullins announced the addition of Buesseler on Friday as the beginning of the program’s 2021 recruiting class.

The native of Forest Lake, Minnesota brings a wealth of experience and accomplishments to the program as she has consistently been one of the best junior shooters in the state of Minnesota the last few years. Buesseler gained three Minnesota Rifle and Revolver Association state championships in 2020, earning the junior prone championship, 3-position championship and 4-poisition championship. In 2019, Buesseler earned the indoor junior gallery championship, 3-position junior championship, 4-position junior championship and was the overall air rifle state champion. The sharpshooter also earned the indoor junior gallery championship, 3-position junior championship, 4-position junior championship and overall air rifle championship in 2018. Buesseler has also qualified for the National Junior Olympics three times and has been captain of her team for the last three seasons.

Allison Buesseler – Forest Lake, Minnesota – Forest Lake High School

Accomplishments:*2020 MRRA Junior Prone Champion … 2020 MRRA 3-Position Champion … 2020 MRRA 4-Position Champion … 2019 and 2018 MRRA Indoor Junior Gallery Champion … 2019 and 2018 MRRA 3-Position Junior Champion … 2019 and 2018 MRRA 4-Position Junior Champion … 2019 and 2018 MRRA Air Rifle Champion … 2018, 2019 and 2020 National Junior Olympic Qualifier … Three-year team captain.

Personal:*Parents are Carla and Bill Buesseler … Has two older sisters, Abby and Dana, who are both collegiate athletes as Abby is on the Ole Miss rifle team and Dana on the Murray State rifle team … Has a planned major in chemistry … Very active in high school with the Girl Scouts, National Honors Society and Future Farmers of America … Was also on the high school soccer team.

Mullins on Buesseler:*“Allison is perfect for our program and I really like her attitude and passion. She is an all-around competitor having played multiple sports in high school, which has instilled in her a strong drive to compete and succeed. Seeing her in the range, she has put herself in good positions in matches to make some finals and works very hard. I feel that she will make a great addition to the program and look forward to having her here and watching her grow.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post