Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The of Week Focus is Young Players Proving Ground

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Brad White said their open date lent itself to getting their legs back under them, get cleaner, get off the field on third down, and focus on the young players.

There was a lot of good against good. "We needed to better get our eyes in the right place and focus on the little details.

Though not considered one of the younger players, one of the lesser experienced players as a starter that lined up against a stout offensive line and quality running backs, was junior nose-tackle Marquan McCall. McCall was charged with a huge responsibility when he had to replace an injured starter Quinton Bohanna.

White was asked how he faired in the Georgia game. He was asked to grade him on a level of 1 to 10, one being the lowest. In pondering the question he gave McCall a 7. "He definitely elevated," White said. "He (McCall) met or exceeded my expectations. We have two quality nose-tackles and good for us in the future.

White said he would like to see the TFL numbers improve. "Some of that is on me and not the players," White said. There are times when we need to be a little bit more aggressive. Phil Hoskins has been in the backfield 7 or 8 times and if we little bit more sticky in the coverage."

YOUNG GUYS

White said they have not had an issue with focus. "Coming off of two straight losses, if you can't get motivated then you are in the wrong sport. Without pointing out one in particular he said his young defensive lineman improved. He pointed out inside-linebacker D'Eryk Jackson as one that is improving. Vito Tisdale is one that drew a lot of attention early in the season. "It is not so much the reps he has gotten as it's looking in the future much like JJ Weaver did last season. The same trajectory."

White said this is not a simple defense that we run. Yusuf Corker said they have been out there (practice field) scrapping and "I'm sure you are going to see it this week. Corker speaking about Vito Tisdale - "Our defense is not easy to learn and getting comfortable."
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post