Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Mark Stoops Prior to Vanderbilt Game Preparation

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Mark stoops said the off week was good for them mentally and physically.

“We work on areas we needed to improve on,” Stoops said. He was asked about how he would address the Monday quarterbacks that feel like they know what is best for their monolithic offense and what they need to do to fix it” stoops said – “We have fallen short. We know we have to improve the passing. I told the team that they really need to focus on themselves.”

On his starting quarterback against Vanderbilt University
    Stoops said he knows there is a need to get more game reps for Joey Gatewood and also get some reps for Beau Allen. He spoke of Terry Wilson’s loyalty and hard work and sweat equity he has put in this team. He said they need to put the team in the place of giving them the best chance to win. So, he said they are going to go with Terry Wilson as their starter. “No matter who’s in the game they need to be more consistent as an offense. How does offensive play calling come in the picture? We need to set up or passing off play-action and RPO’s. Stoops alluded to being able to continue to run the football. “We worked on passing to the running backs this week,” Stoops said.
    Stoops talked about the last time they went into a game as the favorite they got their head handed to them. “We got our butts beat every way you can. Offensive, defensively, and special teams.”

The last time out, Vandy piled up over 400 yards running and throwing the football. “And that was a good Mississippi State defense,” Stoops said. “They just turned over the ball five times.

Stoops said they got to be more aggressive on the defensive side of the football. He feels that having a healthier having Quinton Bohanna back and a healthier Josh Paschal.

Stoops said that because of Covid he is down three coaches on the offensive side. He said that to that end it is next man up. There are coaches in a lesser position that is on the field every day that will move up and assume leadership on the field.

Recruiting

Given the fact that the early signing period is approaching soon, Stoops expressed some chagrin about how tough it has been. “We like to get players here and create a close relationship with them and their families, but due to virus situation,” The coach explained. “Lack of player contact.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post