Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Mark Stoops pre-Mississippi State interview

Forgive me if I mess something up; took notes rather quickly. Any errors are my own.

* Kentucky had a really solid week of work. Had a lot of attention to detail. They have plenty of work to do but it was overall a good week. They will need to be much cleaner when they play Mississippi State.

* On Isaiah Epps, yes he was injured again. Hurt his thumb when he first came back. His foot is getting better but he has a few things going on with him (injury wise).

* On special teams, the position coaches are assuming that role. Kentucky has three coaches that have been special teams coordinators before. Steve Klinkscale, John Summrall and Eddie Gran. Eddie Gran takes the kickoff returns.

* On the lack of attendance at home and away games affecting team energy. Mark believes that it is definitely different. It affects players more than coaches, because he has on headphones and they do not. It is not an excuse and everybody is playing by the same rules.

* Mississippi State does a very good job against the run. Mississippi State plays hard. Defense is very aggressive in stunting and blitzing, even against the run.

* It is pretty difficult to keep the mask on, in the heat of battle on the sidelines. Mark said that he did a better job in week one than he did in week two in wearing his mask. It makes it difficult in communicating with players, refs, and staff. But we have to adapt and do our part.

* It will be very important to limit those big explosive plays on Saturday; very important, especially against high-powered offenses. Our opponents have more opportunities for big plays when we give them more possessions. We have to do a better job of limiting explosive plays.

* Mike Leach will nickel, dime, nickel, dime you, and then boom hit an explosive play and you have to be watching for it.

* Not an excuse, but a big part of Kentucky's success the last two years has been team chemistry. Bonding over team meals, cookouts, etc. that they are not able to do this year.

* Team has been not as disciplined as it should be. It is not far off, does not need to be a headline, but not as disciplined as it should have been.

* We cannot get isolated just because of this pandemic. We have to be unified. It is different, yes. Is it an excuse, no. Everybody's doing the same thing.

* Cannot control what the talk radio shows are saying. Only thing we can control is winning or losing football games, and we have to go win some football games.

* Ball security is important, whether it is dry or weather is wet. At times last year we played well in the rain, but there were times when we did not. It affects everybody. We cannot control what will happen with the weather.
    Comments 2 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Btw, will have a couple more interviews to post shortly.
      Catfan73 -
      Thanks D!
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post