Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Multi talented tight end Keaton Upshaw ready to contribute

Tight end Keaton Upshaw spent a few minutes with the media today after practice. The tight end group is looking to contribute both from the running scheme and passing game this year, and expand the field. Keaton talked a little bit about that, and more.

*the tight ends are being asked to do more this year than last year. In addition to blocking inside, it is really tough because they are also being asked to make plays outside on the receiving game. Keaton believe that that worked well for him personally, and thinks that he can help split the field open to give the offense even more looks.

*Not only does Keaton think that the new scheme for tight ends benefits him, but all of Kentucky's tight ends. He sees them all having both size and speed, and can create mismatches against the defense this year.

*Keaton is working on improving his technique more this year, working on his footwork, and really working hard on improving his reading of coverages while he is running his route. He explained that often you have one route as you line up, but it can change depending upon the defense after you begin running the route.

*He did not have any specific personal goals this year other than to stay healthy and to do the right things to keep his body better prepared to help the team and do whatever is needed to be done.

*Speaking of doing whatever is needed to help the team, Keaton is currently on field goals, kickoff returns, and punt teams for special-teams purposes.

*Knowing that Terry Wilson was returning this year, he has been establishing good chemistry with him. He says they message and talk on the telephone to each other often, he states after practice to catch a few more passes with Terry, and has really good communication with him.

*CJ Conrad being back in Kentucky was a big benefit for all the tight ends, Keaton believed. He says that CJ has been really helpful going over plays and giving them all an extra boost.
    Comments 8 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      When I saw that Keaton was one of the interview choices today, I made sure to hang around just for Dan.
      Doc -
      we have tight ends?
      blueboss -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      we have tight ends?
      Yep, they run block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      When I saw that Keaton was one of the interview choices today, I made sure to hang around just for Dan.
      You get extra points and a cookie for your efforts. One thing is a for sure, opposing staffs can't rely on past year's game film to scout UK's TE passing game, so that part of the attack "COULD" be a huge part of this year's offense.

Dan waiting patiently
      catmanjack -
      Stoops-TE=Tubby-running more
      Terry Blue -
      Keaton viewed as NFL prospect
      Dokker -
      We’ve been using the TE’s as decoys for 7 years. Everyone just needs to be more patient - we’ll use this secret weapon right when we need it the most.
      TRUCKERCATFAN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      we have tight ends?
      Yep. I think the coaching staff refers to them as 3rd and 4th tackles.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post