Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• With no Pads Coaches are Really Upbeat

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Kentucky football has no doubt arrived to a point that allows them to exude a lot of positives about their positions.

The pace of practice sessions are space out more than usual because of the season start pushed back to September 26. So, it allows them to practice what resembles the NFL that doesn’t practice in pads as much as college.

Mark Stoops is getting national accolades for his ability to develop players through strength and conditioning, mental reinforcement, and limiting soft-tissue injuries.
    When you peruse UK’s roster you see body changes, some drastic from when they first arrived in the program.

Quarterback Beau Allen is up from 195-Pounds to 207-pounds; Big John Young from 190 to 302-pounds; outside linebacker Sam Anaele from 250 to 275-pounds.

One of the more drastic changes is offensive lineman Nick Lewis an original Mike Leach recruit to Washington State University. Lewis 6-foot-9 380 pound de-committed came to UK as one to develop. After a season he was 345-pounds and now scales 320-pounds.

Darin Hinshaw after two practices was analyzing his quarterbacks and the offense as a whole. His first emphasis is they are going to run the football. “We have that big blue wall,” he ebulliently stated. He said from the running game they will throw play-action, and RPO’s. He said he is also impressed with the big targets at tight end.

The quarterbacks are good. Along with Terry Wilson, Hinshaw said his very impressed with Auburn Transfer quarterback Joey Gatewood. He is equally impressed with Beau Allen and both have excellent attitudes.

He said new wide receiver coach Jovon Bouknight is doing a good job with the receiver corps. Hinshaw said there is good speed with the group and they are doing a fine job. We will have more to say individually as time goes on. “It’s a lot of fun,” Hinshaw said.

Some SEC schools have announced their fan participation plans. Auburn (17,400), Georgia (18,549), and Alabama (20,364) all will be 20 percent. Tennessee and Mississippi are at 25 percent.

UK hasn’t as of yet announce their plans but I will speculate. Slightly less than 20,000.
    Cole Cubelic, Resse Davis and others are leaning toward a UK victory at Auburn to open the season. That game is the SEC headliner to open the SEC season.

Defensive coordinator Brad White said he wants his guys to show more leadership and be more vocal.

He likes what he is seeing from Josh Paschal. “It’s been pretty smooth,” White said. Paschal said he is most comfortable at the defensive end. He said his time last season was spent at the outside linebacker spot and he said it’s helped him with his hand on the ground because its helps him know the entire defense.

Brad White is prodding nose tackle Quinton Bohanna to more consistent down in and down out. He said he needs more pass rush and sacks from the big youngster.

With the loss of Chris Oats it raises some concern over the lack proven depth at the inside linebacker spot. The only place where any concerned has been expressed, though it’s not lacking in talent.

He is bubbly over DeAndre Square. He said he has the ability to possibly be the best in the SEC. Square is a Danny Trevathan look alike and we know what Trevathan has accomplished in the NFL.

We recall Josh Allen’s comment about Square when he was an early enrollee. “I’ve got to step my game up because everywhere I am to make the tackle Square is beating me to the ball,” the all-everything Allen said.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: With no Pads Coaches are Really Upbeat started by LonnyDemaree View original post
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post