Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Mississippi recruit praises Clarke, Askew

By LARRY VAUGHT

Four-star point guard Daeshun Ruffin is the top high school recruit in Mississippi in the 2021 class and has narrowed his college choices to Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU, Alabama and Florida.

Ruffin — a one-time Auburn commit before re-opening his recruitment — led Callaway to the Class 5A state championship last season and averaged 26 points per game. The 5-9 going guard had 33 points in the state title game.

He’s a consensus top 50 player and is rated No. 21 by ESPN. He’s played in events in Kentucky the last two years and knows several of UK’s incoming freshmen players.

The one he says impresses him the most is Terrence Clarke, a top 10 national recruit.

“I love T Clarke. That is my guy,” Ruffin said. “Great player. I like the way he plays with so much confidence. You can tell by the way he plays that he puts in the work at the gym and it shows.”

That’s the kind of praise you hear over and over about Clarke, who many think could be the top freshman in college basketball next year.

So does he have a weakness?

“I am not sure. You would have to ask him that. Overall he is just a great player. If you see a weakness, please tell me because I can’t find one,” Ruffin said.

He’s also gone against incoming UK point guard Devin Askew. He has nothing but praise for him as well.

“He is great. He is a good point guard with the ability to do everything — pass, score and great on defense. He’s just a really, really good player that Kentucky fans will really like.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed