Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Players Returning Planning to Formulate Explosive Offensive

By: LONNY DEMAREE

There’s a gigantic chip setting on the shoulders of the UK football team. From getting the vibes from a couple of offensive football I’ve encountered in the community, they can’t wait to get back to start to chip away at the chip.

I’ve had questions from some BBN die-hards what they plan to do to replace the explosiveness of now Pro Lynn Bowden. Bowden was like the popular Frank Sinatra standard “I did it my way.”
    Doing it the way a dwindled, smattering of “Air Raid” holdover, they want to see the football in the air a lot more.
    That’s what a recent interview with Josh Ali that base on the late surge of the player, he named four others that pan to step up. On that note I was recently ask on my video cast what was the weakness of the team?
    At this point in the building process the Mark Stoops, Vince Marrow, and the rest of the staff, I wouldn’t consider there being a quote unquote weakness relatively speaking, on the team?

Digging deep to rephrase I would say unproven. The talent is there to get the job at the quarterback and receiver positions. There are eight wide receivers and four quality tight ends be playmakers. There are five quarterbacks vying for the starting position.

Given the proven player developing success of Stoops and his staff and the strength and conditioning staff you can rest assured they will be moving the ball through the air. As a testimonial to the developing prowess, look at what was accomplish with a secondary replacing its entirety. Yards per pass play rated second to only Ohio State.

So let’s explore the receiver group. I personally feel that we don’t really know what the Cats have at receiver.
    It’s obvious at this stage you start with junior Josh Ali who was coming on at the latter stages of last year. With a more concerted passing game he could have a breakout year.

Next is 6-Foot-3 200 pound junior Allen Dailey who has the hands, sneaky speed, and is very physical.The there’s powerfully built Clevan Thomas 5-foot-11, 205-pounds. In an interview I ask him did he have speed poignantly he smiled and answered – “I’ve never met a Florida receiver that wasn’t fast.”

Before Terry Wilson and Sawyer Smith went down Bryce Oliver 6-foot-1, 210-pounds said that former receiver coach said Oliver has strong hands. He exhibited that trait in a game when he took the ball away from a defender in the end zone for a touchdown. When spring practice was suspended after five practices speedster sophomore Akeem Hayes and another Floridian redshirt freshman DeMarcus Harris were making a move.

Harris is from Vero Beach, Florida from an area known as the Treasure Coast area. There was a legendary high school coach in the area that was on Charlie Bradshaw’s Thin Thirty and felt like he was severely abused vowed that as

Unlike 2019 when UK redshirted every player, this season expect as many as six players to play this season, three of them receivers – Kalil Branham, Izayah Cummings, and Earnest Sanders.

There is another Ohioan Lynn Bowden look-alike Michael Drennen who was highly recruited could be added to that receiving corps.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post