Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Heavily recruited lineman Bingham a Kentucky fan

By LARRY VAUGHT

Johnson Central offensive lineman Grant Bingham could be the rising in-state star in the 2022 recruiting class.

He recently got offers from Notre Dame and Michigan to go with ones he already had from Kentucky, Cincinnati, Nebraska, Purdue, West Virginia, Arizona State, Western Michigan, Michigan State, Georgia Tech and Toledo.

The 6-6, 300-pound Bingham can run extremely well for a player his size — one reason he also plays basketball and tennis.

Johnson Central assistant coach Justin Arms says Bingham is already the “most recruited athlete” in Johnson County history and his list of scholarship offers is only going to grow.

“We kind of went through this here with Kash Daniel (who played at Paintsville and signed with Kentucky),” Arms said. “We always felt Grant was the same caliber athlete.”

Arms said the outpouring of support from Big Blue Nation after Bingham got his scholarship offer from the Cats was “very impressive” for the sophomore.

“I think without question he is a UK fan,” Arms said. “Something (head) coach (Jim) Matney likes to do is talk to the kids after the season ends about what they want to do. He does a fantastic job getting kids to where they reach their goals. Grant talked then about UK and how it would almost be a dream offer if Kentucky did offer him.”

Arms believes Johnson Central’s win over Boyle County in the state title game in December helped bring more attention to the school and Bingham.

“Actually all this publicity and attention for Grant has been a pretty different experience for us,” Arms said. “When large media outlets want to come into our program, it is great. Our kids deserve that. It’s a new experience for all of us but that’s why Grant will be open to any media outlets or anyone who wants to interview him. It’s good for him and good for our program.”

-No Signature Harmed While Posting This-
    Comments 3 Comments
      Terry Blue -
      The state is producing some great Olinemen recently: Jedrick Willis, Drake Jackson, Landon Young, Walker Parks, John Young, now Bingham
      kingcat -
      Kid looks a bit like a young Jared.... Supported by two tree trunks!
      Terry Blue -
      Sounds like we have a "leg up"
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post