Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Bailey Vick Named 2020 SEC Softball Scholar-Athlete of the Year

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Bailey Vick of Kentucky has been named the 2020 SEC Softball Scholar-Athlete of the Year.

Vick, a senior from Paducah, Ky., completed her undergraduate degree in accounting with a 3.972 grade point average. She led the SEC and was ranked second in the NCAA charts in batting average for the 2020 season, hitting a career-high .556. Vick had a least one hit in all but three games during her senior season, including 10 multi-hit games. She had a five-hit game against Georgia Tech, setting a career high and tying the school record for single-game hits. Vick logged six extra-base hits with four doubles and two triples, and she scored 33 runs to lead all Kentucky players for the 2020 season. Her efforts helped the Wildcats to their first Top 10 ranking since 2014, a position the team held through the end of the season.

Vick was named an All-American by Softball America and Justin’s World of Softball. She was also a CoSIDA Academic All-American in 2018 and 2019 and was named an AP Scholar and a Governor’s Scholar at Kentucky. Vick was recently named to the 2020 CoSIDA Academic District 2 Softball Team and will advance to the 2020 CoSIDA Academic All-America® ballot.
    Comments 4 Comments
      catmanjack -
      Will she return for the extra year granted?
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      Will she return for the extra year granted?
      No, she has accepted a full-time job already and is preparing for life after sports. Very impressive young lady, and a great role model for student-athletes everywhere. Proud of her and UK.
      catmanjack -
      Yes so true!
      Padukacat -
      Great kid, she always comes back to our high school softball games and practices. I grew up hunting with a guy that married her grandmother and he said she is a gem.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post