Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Anselem a "Program Guy"

By LARRY VAUGHT

Prolific Prep coach Joey Fuca says if 6-10 Frank Anselem picks Kentucky that coach John Calipari would be getting a “program guy” he thinks he would be at UK for three or four years.

“He is not polished enough to be a one and done guy,” Fucco said.

Anselem came to California to play last season after previously playing high school basketball in Atlanta. He has reclassified from the 2021 to the 2020 recruiting class and could be a big man Calipari needs for next season. He’s now ranked as the 85th best player in the 2020 class by 247Sports.

He had been considered a LSU lean after having narrowed his college choices to LSU, Alabama and Georgia. However, Kentucky reached out and Fucca says there is “mutual” interest between Anselem and UK. Anselem received a call Tuesday night from Kentucky assistant coach Joel Justus.

“Frank is a great kid, a really good student and a good human being,” Phillippe Doherty, Prolific Prep director of operations, said. “He’s always been on track to graduate in three years. He’s an elite student who only has a few B’s in high school. All he does is study and work out.”

Anselem knows about playing with big-time talent. Two of his teammates at Prolific Prep were Jalen Green, who just took a $500,000 deal with the G League, and Texas Tech signee Nimari Burnett, another five-star player.

“He has a great motor and is a really good rim runner. He did a good job when Jalen and Nimari would throw it up to the rim of going and finishing,” Fuca said. “Defensively he’s good laterally and can get out and trap the ball screen.

“He needs a consistent 10- to 12-foot jump shot and a back to the basket move. He has to work on his hands because a couple of times he would drop balls. But he has a good feel for the game and had a good, strong second half of the season for us so I am excited about what he will do at the next level.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post