Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Auburn putting out the red carpet and pulling out all the stops for Kentucky

ESPN GameDay will be at Auburn Arena Saturday morning.

Auburn has invited their fans to be there at 8:30 a.m. CT, 8½ hours before tipoff, and 1½ hours prior to GameDay starting (10-11 a.m. CT). Admission is free, seating general admission first come, first serve.

Auburn students are directed to line up starting at 7:00 a.m. Saturday for the game. The first 2,100 students (remember, it's a 9100 seat facility) are guaranteed priority entrance from 3-3:30pm CT. After GameDay, they can begin their line formation at Auburn Arena at 2pm CT for the game. Doors will open at 3 p.m. At 3:30 p.m., if student capacity in the standard student bleacher, lower level section has not been reached, doors will open to non-priority students. They will close the student section once it reaches capacity.

There is a Baseball intrasquad scrimmage nearby, at Plainsman Park, at 1 p.m. CT. If I'm there, I might peek in there and take a look.

In the meantime, they will have photos with Aubie (the Tiger mascot), and an Aubie Experience Exhibit available.

Auburn is promoting their tailgate packages -- I received this last night. You can opt for the $325 package, or the $850 package. I would do $850, but I don't have 50 people that like me. (Note--I captured these screenshots last night. Today, when you click "reserve" they don't have these available, but say they are coming soon. I don't know if they are changing the packages, or they are sold out.)

OR

The city of Auburn, which revolves around the University very much (it is a cool place), will very much be abuzz Saturday when Kentucky comes to town. The 5 p.m. CT tipoff will be electric. It may not be the loudest Arena Kentucky will play in all year, but it will be competitive.
    Comments 17 Comments
      MickintheHam -
      Time to kick ass!!!
      dan_bgblue -
      No free beer?
      blueboss -
      Just another game. Maybe we should go in there like it’s our super bowl for a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      No free beer?
      My comment too....maybe free sorhgum syrup. If you have ever been to Loachapoka you will get the reference
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      No free beer?
      Even the $850 tailgate package did not come with free beer.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      My comment too....maybe free sorhgum syrup. If you have ever been to Loachapoka you will get the reference
      Ain’t no sorghum in Alabama as good as what you will find in Western Ky.
      KSRBEvans -
      To the extent anyone follows these things:

In SEC play on offense, Auburn is:
      --8th in PPP scored (1.02)
      --12th in Effective FG% (11th in 2pt FG%, 12th in 3pt FG%)
      --11th in FT%
      --5th in Off Reb%
      --2nd in FT Rate, shooting about 4.5 FTs for every 10 FGAs. In spite of not shooting FTs well they're getting to the line a lot, and about 25% of their points come from the FT line, 2nd in the SEC.
      (BTW, UK is 1st in the SEC in FT Rate, so we may be seeing a lot of FTs Saturday.)
      --In spite of not shooting 3s well, about 41% of their FGAs in SEC play are 3s.

Defensively, Auburn is
      --6th in PPP allowed (1.00 PPP)
      --9th in eFG% D (5th in 2pt FG% D, 11th in 3pt FG% D)
      --1st in the SEC in Def Reb%
      --8th in Def TO%
      --10th in Def FT Rate--SEC opponents are shooting about 4.2 FTs for ever 10 FGAs

Auburn is undefeated when scoring at least 1.00 PPP; winless (0-2) when scoring <1.00 PPP.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      Ain’t no sorghum in Alabama as good as what you will find in Western Ky.
      Ever been to the Loachapoka syrup Soppin festival? Its now call Heritage days but back when I lived in Auburn it was the syrup soppin festival. Second best AL festival, behind the Op Ratrlesnake Roundup
      Catfan73 -
      My hometown (West Liberty KY) holds the Sorghum Festival every fall. There’s not much better than a hot buttered biscuit with molasses imo.
      catmanjack -
      Think the atmosphere and combination of terrible officials will spell doom for the cats this Saturday.
      Nick gets into foul trouble early.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
      My hometown (West Liberty KY) holds the Sorghum Festival every fall. There’s not much better than a hot buttered biscuit with molasses imo.
      I can go for that!
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      Think the atmosphere and combination of terrible officials will spell doom for the cats this Saturday.
      Nick gets into foul trouble early.
      That's my guess. A game with a lot of fouls called and the lack of depth bites us.
      Darrell KSR -
      @CoachJimmyDykes: If there is a student section out there that can top what I saw last weekend in Lubbock... it’s @AUJungle 3rd Saturday in row @KentuckyMBB faces severe adversity and noise
      Darryl -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      @CoachJimmyDykes: If there is a student section out there that can top what I saw last weekend in Lubbock... it’s @AUJungle 3rd Saturday in row @KentuckyMBB faces severe adversity and noise
      How is that working out for those student sections?

Darryl
      Carolinawildcats -
      Just win Baby!!!!!
      GO CATS!!

Peace,

Richard (CW)
      Darrell KSR -
      Standing-room only tickets are available on the third-party market for more than $150.
      Darrell KSR -
      Welcome to the Jungle: Auburn basketball takes center stage

https://247sports.com/college/auburn...ats-143166899/
  • KSR Twitter Feed