Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• And the Beat goes on at the Joe Craft football Facility

By: LONNY DEMAREE

At the Lexington High Street YMCA, yours truly is a part of what we refer to as the cooling out coffee bunch numbering four or five. This period coming after some physical sweat equity. A bevy of subjects are broached. There is a plethora of opinions on a sports, politics, and religion. Among them are a PHD that presently substitute teaches at Sayre high school – a recently retired face lift surgeon – a former world traveler – and yours truly a veteran sportswriter and Sunday School Teacher.

So, one can visualize our daily cooling out sessions. I was asked this morning on UK football what’s going on at Joe Craft football facility. Activity never ends – recruiting for the 2021, 22 ,23 classes. As the old cliché notes recruiting is like shaving, you do if every day. Strength and conditioning conducted by Corey Edmond is staff is in full-bore for the 2020 football participants. The coaches are deeply in films putting together spring practice plans.

Knowing that quarterback Terry Wilson is not likely a full participant, other some non-contact drills. So, the onus will be on developing Sawyer Smith, red shirt freshman Amani Gilmore, and redshirt freshman Nick Skalko. True freshman Beau Allen who is enrolling early will also be in the mix.

There is some question of who and how will the magnanimous production of Lynn Bowden will be replaced. On that note as long as Eddie Gran is on Mark Stoops’ he will continue to work his magic. One thing to remember there are three quality tight ends returning Justin Rigg, Keaton Upshaw, and Brenden Bates. In today’s football the tight is an enterically part of offensive football.

Football recruiting for the 2020 class is not finished for the Wildcats. A resource told me as much as three months ago that UK has two silent commitments and those being Dublin, Ohio’s Michael Drennen and Bowling Green’s Vito Tisdale. Tisdale recent publicly announced his commitment at the Army All-American game. Running back Torrance Davis is also slated to sign in February
    But the next thing on the agenda is defeating Tennessee on the gridiron. They have been a thorn in the side of the Wildcats dating all the way back to the fifties. And so, the beat goes on.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post