Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Max Duffy Named First-Team All-America by Walter Camp

The Australian punter leads the nation in punting and is already UK’s all-time career punter

LEXINGTON, Ky. –Kentucky junior punter Max Duffy has been named first-team All-America as announced Thursday night by Walter Camp, the nation’s oldest All-America team.

Duffy is UK’s second consecutive Walter Camp All-American and 11th overall. Linebacker/defensive end Josh Allen was named to the first team last season as well.

Duffy, a native of Perth, Australia, has been an absolute weapon for the Wildcats this season, dominating the field position game with his booming and accurate leg. He is UK’s career punt leader with a 46.5-yard average and with his distance and placement, Kentucky leads the nation in net punting with a 45.13-yard net average. Duffy leads the nation in punting at 48.6 yards per punt.

Only nine of Duffy’s 47 punts have been returned (19 percent) and 24 of them have landed inside the 20-yard line (51 percent). He doesn’t shy away from contact either. He has three career tackles, including an open-field tackle – possibly saving a touchdown – on UT Martin’s Terry Williams, who already has two punt return TDs on the season.

He was also the Ray Guy Award Winner, as was announced earlier tonight on the Home Depot College Football Awards on ESPN in Atlanta. He also recently earned first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors by the Associated Press and was a second-team choice by the league’s coaches.

He was twice been named the Ray Guy Award Player of the Week and was on Ray’s 8 weekly honor roll three times during the regular season. He earned SEC Special Teams Player of the Week on Oct. 28 after a magnificent night of punting vs. Missouri.

On that rainy Saturday night against the Tigers, Duffy punted five times for 262 yards (52.4 average), had a career-best 70-yard punt and pinned Mizzou inside its own 20-yard line three times. Duffy’s 70-yard punt was the longest by a UK player in an SEC game since Ryan Tydlacka vs. Ole Miss in 2010 (73 yards). Duffy also scampered 26 yards for a first down on a fake punt. It kept the drive alive that set up Kentucky’s final touchdown.

Against South Carolina, Duffy set two school records, breaking his own single-game school record (min. 8 punts), averaging 51.1 yards on nine kicks and in the process, became UK’s career punting leader.

He also made a huge impact in UK’s wins over Toledo and Eastern Michigan. In the Toledo game, he punted six times for a 54-yard average, the second-highest single-game average in school history (min. 5 punts). Against EMU, he only punted three times but his three punts forced Eastern Michigan to start on its own 8, 11 and 13-yard lines. EMU did not score following any of his punts, helping set up UK touchdowns on both of its subsequent possessions (a third EMU possession ended the half).

The 2019 Walter Camp All-America team will be honored at the organization’s 53rd annual national awards banquet, presented by David McDermott Lexus of New Haven, on Saturday, January 18, 2020 at the Yale University Commons in New Haven, CT.
    Comments 2 Comments
      suncat05 -
      And once again, congratulations to our punter "from down Under"!
      Catfan73 -
      It’s pretty amazing how UK is putting players on these teams. Kentucky!
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post