Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Coach wants Harrison twins, fans to all enjoy Marshall Co Hoop Fest

By: LARRY VAUGHT

At least now Craig Brownson knows his team should be a crowd favorite when it comes from Texas to play in the Marshall County Hoop Fest Nov. 30-Dec. 1 in Benton.

That’s because his two star players, twins Andrew and Aaron Harrison, at Travis High School have verbally committed to play at the University of Kentucky.

“We should have a lot of people on our side rather than against us,” said Brownson. “That’s one big reason I think they were initially interested in having us. They were hoping the twins would go to Kentucky.

“But I think it will be a great atmosphere for all our kids. Aaron and Andrew will get to play in Rupp Arena, but for the rest of our kids to get an experience like going to the Hoop Fest is going to be special. We made the state championship game last year and played in front of 14,000 fans. I hope experiences like this will make us a little more comfortable in front of that type crowd if we get there again.

“This will be a great experience for us. Last year we went to Missouri to play and had a couple of kids that had never flown before. But with the Harrisons going to Kentucky, I think the Hoop Fest could be even a more special experience.”

Browning knows UK fans are going to want a chance to interact withe Harrisons — both top five players nationally — whether it is getting autographs, taking pictures or just talking to the future Wildcats.

“I want to let them have fun,” Brownson said. “This is part of their journey. Sure, we want to win the games in Kentucky, but they don’t go toward determining what happens with our season down the road. An experience like this is an important part of life. We are there to try and win games, but we also want to enjoy the trip and make the most of it. I want fans to be able to be around the twins so they can see what great kids they are.”
    Comments 3 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Would like to see them then.
      blue2ksr -
      I have my tickets and plan on being there!

Looking forward to it!
      bigsky -
      Didn't the NCAA make Rupp Arena give up a tournament last year?
  • KSR Twitter Feed