Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Cisse happy to have Calipari in audience

By LARRY VAUGHT

Having Kentucky coach John Calipari come to the Marshall County Hoopfest Thursday night to watch him play left 6-11 Moussa Cisse of Lausanne Collegiate with a “good feeling” even if his team lost 65-44 to Callaway (Miss.).

“Coach Calipari is one of the big coaches. I was very happy to see him here,” Moussa said. “It doesn’t bother me when a big coach like that comes. It’s good to have him watch me but I am not going to try and do too much just because the coach is here. But I really like it, though, that he was here.”

Cisse showed off his overall athleticism despite an off shooting game. He was 5-for-14 from the field and had 14 points, nine rebounds, five blocks, two steals and one assist. He was just 2-for-7 from 3-point range and also had seven turnovers against Callaway’s collapsing defense.

Cisse is a consensus top 10 player in the 2021 recruiting class and his offer list includes Memphis, Georgia, Michigan, Ole Miss, Georgetown, Florida State, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, St. John’s, Texas, UCLA, Virginia and Texas A&M.

He felt his play was “okay” against Callaway.

“I know I can do better than that. It was kind of like a little bit of pressure and stuff and we just played okay,” Cisse said.

One thing, though, is that he has fun when he plays and even after a turnover — or when he blocked a dunk attempt by Callaway star Daeshun Ruffin — he was always smiling.

“I just play. I don’t like to get mad at myself. It should be fun. That’s how the game is,” he said.

What about when he gave the much shorter Ruffin a pat on the head after the point guard tried to dunk on him?

“I am not going to let nobody dunk on me. He can try but I am going to block it any time,” Cisse said.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: VAUGHT: Cisse happy to have Calipari in audience started by Darrell KSR View original post
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post