Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Report Card KY over FDU

Ashton Hagans A- double double iin pts and asts (11 and 11) with just 2 turn overs is fantastic. Also perfect from the line, but only 4 shots from the field. Needs to be more of a scoring threat however he is really excelling in getting everybody involved

Keion Brooks A- Probably his best game as a cat.15 pts and 6 rebounds. Were it not for EJ's night, Keion would be the talk of the game. He played in control and smart.

EJ Montgomery A The EJ we have been waiting to see. Career high 25 pts on 12 of 16 and 9 rebs. His game was as smooth as any I have seen. Grantrd, not much opposition and I would like to see him do it consistantly and against quality opponents but it has to start somewhere.

Immanuel Quickley C+ Average game, nothing spectacular but nothing detrimental either. SoSo describes it. 7 pt and 3 asts is a contribution for the positive

Nick Richards B+ Considered an A, and probably deserved it but then his recent stellar play has raised expectations! 12 pt, 10 bds for a double double with a couple blocks is solid production from the big man

Nate Sestina IC DNP

Tyrese Maxey C sort of an egg for him, but got to expect that from freshman. 2 pts on 1 of 8 warrants the grade although 6 rebounds and 5 assists is worthy of extra credit

Kahlil Whitney B- I am pulling hard KW and he showed flashes but still a long ways to go. Too bad the hype raised expectation way too high. 7 and 3 is not a bad night

Johnny Juzang C+ Glad to see him get the start and was hoping the shot of confidence would kick him to a higher level. 4 pts is better than 3. I did like his defense though

Coaching B+ Just for the shake up with Kahlil and Juzang.....and Keion. However most dramatic is Nick and EJ. Both are reaching new heights. In this game, strategy was a nonfactor though

Officials B did not notice so that is a good thing but typically in a blowout, they have zero effect

Commentators B I paid no attention so this is just a filler grade
    Comments 9 Comments
      bigsky -
      Watchin it now. Whitney does what? Not shoot or drive or guard. What has happened to Quickley? Thay, and especially another—Brooks —must get better for this team to succeed.

C
      DanISSELisdaman -
      I'll take the Brooks I saw tonight all year long. He played a confident game and was under control all game. I think he comes up big for this team. EJ was ust amazing tonight. I hope this builds some confidence for him.
      dtalbersjr -
      Posted this in another thread, but Nick Richards is now our leading scorer.

Juzang can’t seem to catch a break offensively, but he’s doing what Cal wants to get on the floor and playing with great effort. The offensive breakthrough is gonna happen soon.

When it does, I expect the floodgates to open. And I wouldn’t be surprised if UofL is the victim of that explosion.
      dtalbersjr -
      Posted this in another thread, but Nick Richards is now our leading scorer.

Juzang can’t seem to catch a break offensively, but he’s doing what Cal wants to get on the floor and playing with great effort. The offensive breakthrough is gonna happen soon.

When it does, I expect the floodgates to open. And I wouldn’t be surprised if UofL is the victim of that explosion.
      MickintheHam -
      I am not sure what the players learn from playing a game like this.
      bigsky -
      Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      Bad Habits
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      Whitney needs to just catch and shoot, catch lobs or finish on the break. He's like Poythress in that he cannot dribble mire than two steps without looking at the ball.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      100% agree. Maybe, emphasis on MAY and BE, somebody like Juzang gets some confidence and see a spark, but overall it is kind of a waste. I would much prefer a holiday tourney like the Orlando one that MD played in, or Myrtle Beach. Easy travel, no time change, quick game prep format, allows fans to travel, quality opponents with potential for one GOOD one in the finals
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
      Bad Habits
      That too. And see how Nick and EJ can dominate a 6-7 center
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post