Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• A. J. Legree Plans the Tough Catch

By: LONNY DEMAREE

A. J. Legree is one of several young pass catcher in the deep receiving corp. Other than playing on special teams, against South Carolina he got his baptism from scrimage against one of the best defenses in the country. Other than being a 6-foot-10 high jumper in high school and signing with UK to play the wide receiver position, he is a wide-eyed freshman in the SEC.

In the SC game he exhibited the specialty his wide receiver coach Pat Washington said he had. That's the abilty to make the tough catch in a crowd. Fellow freshman quarterback Jalen Whitlow threaded the needle with an on-a-rope throw to Legree and he made the catch like a veteran.

He is anticipating to be a part of that same battery at Arkansas Saturday. Perhaps his fearless demeanor will lend itself to aiding the Wildcats in an upset of the Razorbacks.

Legree was a late addition to the 2012 recruiting class. "I wanted to have a chance to play against the best in the country when I made the decision to sign with Kentucky," Legree said. Knowing about his high-jump exploits we asked the youngster about his vertical jump. He said he has 37" vertical but the procedures are different and one don't parlay into the other. He said he has plans to participate on the track and field team at UK.

On the tough catch against SC Legree said - "coach Washington puts us in those situations in practice and had gained confidence I will make those kinds of catches in the game. But like any other receiver that handles the ball, the thrill for me will be scoring a touchdown to help my team win. My coach works on all the fundamentals of playing the position, how to put my hand in the right position, smooth route running, how to focus on the ball when it's in the air, to make myself a good target, down field blocking, and when to look back on the fade route."

He said he hopes to make a positive impression while he's a student/athlete and win games at the university.
    Comments 2 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Lonny. I know there is a lot of basketball excitement out there, with Media Day tomorrow and Big Blue Madness Friday, but we're still interested in UK football.
      Jimcats -
      Yeah, we who just flat out are in the Blue, everything from ping pong to football, keep watching.....and hoping
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post