Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Stoops addresses Florida State discussion

By LARRY VAUGHT

As soon as the Florida State coaching job became open one of the potential candidates mentioned for the job was Kentucky coach Mark Stoops.

He is a former defensive coordinator at Florida State from 2010-12 before coming to UK where he now has the Cats bowl eligible for a fourth straight year after a rout of Tennessee-Martin on Saturday.

Josh Newbert of 247Sports recently reported that Stoops met with Florida State officials in Cincinnati to interview for the coaching position.

Stoops was asked after Saturday’s game if he wanted to provide a status report on Florida State for Kentucky fans. The UK coach said he didn’t want to get into specifics but noted he had a “great experience” coaching at Florida State.

“Afforded me the opportunity to be here. I love it here. Been very fortunate, I have great administration. Dr. Capilouto, Mitch Barnhart have been so good to me,” Stoops said.

“The fans, our players, recruits. This is where my heart is, this is where I want to be. I’m going to be at Kentucky. Does that answer your question?”

Boom. Seems simple enough to under “I’m going to be at Kentucky” from Stoops. Maybe he was sensing the grumbling from some UK fans that he had even met with FSU officials during the season. Or maybe it was this reason that brought out the update.

“I was answering too many questions with recruits,” Stoops said. “Just felt like it was time to answer those questions directly and be honest with them and this is where I want to be, so this is what I want to do.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed