Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Maybe you were waiting, maybe not..Report card time

The purpose is to agree or disagree. Won't hurt my feelings unless you're an ass about it.

Ashton Hagans. A Solid game with 14 pts, 6:3 turnover:assist and 4 steals. However most impressed with the 2 of 6 from long range. Last year I cringed when Ashton shot from beyond the arch. Clearly he has worked on that

Keion Brooks B Was the best SF we had tonight. Disappointed with just a single rebound but it was overall a good first game. 8 points is enough production, and only credited with 1 official block but did affect others. But played good defense as well. His efficency rating does not support my grade though. He and Juzang rated the lowest

EJ Montgomery C- Way too many missed gimme shot. It isn't nerves. Make the shots from 3 feet in. Led the team in blocks (3) but only 5 points. Make the gimmies and he is in double digits

Immanuel Quickley A+ Hard work pays off, as does patience. Knock down shooter, I want the ball in his hands more than any other player. Overlooked is his defense. He has very active feet...sort of like "Jazz Hands", or should I say Jazz feet. Our leading scorer with 16, and went 3 of 4 from beyond the arc.

Nick Richards B+ Played like an enforcer, perfect from the field (3-3) and 5 boards in his limited time. Hope the ankle is fine as we need him

Nate Sestina A Kid is a beast, very physical. Ten rebounds to go with 11 pts, a double double! Lots of dirty work low.

Tyrese Maxey B+ A couple bad passes chinked him a bit but you got to love the effort and production. 16 points and 3 assts to match his 3 TO's

Kahlil Whitney D Stinker of a game for him. No cause for concern though. Had a negative efficiency score. Only positive stat was a block. No pts, assts or rebounds. Write this one off, wake up tomorrow and kick ass on Friday

Johnny Juzang C Hit a trey which is a positive but did not seem comfortable overall. A couple defensive miscues but in a preseason exhibition that is expected

Coaching A really like the playing time distribution. Most min at 26 (Brooks) and least 16 (Juzang). Enough to keep them happy and not grind a player during the season. We get these 30 min plus players and come march they have no legs. Impressed with the overall defense but not with the way we finished, as in second half effort and concentration. Gives the staff something to work on

Officials B they sucked, just not as bad as usual
    Comments 5 Comments
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
      Maxey seems to finish through contact well. He's gonna be hard to guard come March!
      I really like what Hagans, Quickley, and Maxey can do as a unit. Two of those three on the floor at all times is a guaranteed great back court imo.
      Bakert -
      Sestina may have the most beautiful jump shot I've ever seen.
      Crazy4Blue -
      Major worried about Montgomery. Much of the same as last year.
      DanISSELisdaman -
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
      I really like what Hagans, Quickley, and Maxey can do as a unit. Two of those three on the floor at all times is a guaranteed great back court imo.
      Yeah, I think we are well fixed in the back court.
      dtalbersjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
      Amen. We have the best backcourt in the country IMO. And Juzang will probably add to that at SG a lot this year.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post