Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Practice Notes for 10/22/19

By: LONNY DEMAREE

- When we reach this point in the football season it's more about production and less talk.

- There are those in the media that are looking for the coaches to say or reveal something that is attention grabbing.

- Offensive Coordinator Eddie Gran comes to the podium after practice and he is doubling down on the "good practice; a lot of energy; they are working hard; and players were focused today." In his description of the practice even at one point he used the term cleche-ish.

- Gran described Missouri quarterback Kelly Bryant as being very similar to the Ole Miss quarterback.

- Gran accidently knocked the channel 36's mic over twice on the podium. "I don't guess I'll be won't be on that channel tonight (laughs)"

- In the very inclement weather at Georgia Gran said "I thought our kids battled - I thought they competed. You've got to score in that red-zone.

- Gran said they have moved on. "You are where your feet are today," Gran said. "They had a loss and we had a loss. They're going to be spitting snott-bubble and we are going to be spitting snott-bubbles."

- UK's offensive line has been recognized by the Joe Moore Award. They are a member of the mid season honor roll. Joe Moore is widely regarded as one of the best offensive line coaches in college football history. His work is most notably at Notre Dame and University of Pittsburgh and sent 52 players to the NFL.

- The linch-pin of that line is Drake Jackson. "It's a lot of fun playing in the rain," Jackson said.

- Gran said is was very unfortunate for Chris Rodriquez that he dropped that pass at Georgia but he has good hands. He said you'll see a little bit more of Rodriquez because he can make two yards into four yards.

- Ahmad Wagner and Clevan Thomas are showing the team first attitude. Opposing team secondary's are
    going to be playing cover one and that's a cause for us to get open like Chris when Bowden is in scramble mode.

- "We are definitely getting use to Lynn (Bowden) with him scrambling around making plays have to adjust to three different quarterbacks. I like it - it's fun.

- Darin Hinshaw was asked about the comfort level of the team around Bowden? "He has great leadership," the coach said. "He understands, he's very, very smart, and he getting more and more in how to motion people and to o-line. He's listening to there calls. In all of that it take a little bit of time. It'sped up with him because he understands the game and is intelligent."
  • KSR Twitter Feed