Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Rare Duffy shank turning point for Georgia

By LARRY VAUGHT

Punter Max Duffy has had a sensational season for Kentucky and had been money all year until he shanked a 15-yard punt in the third quarter at Georgia Saturday night that led to the Bulldogs' first touchdown in a 21-0 win over Kentucky.

Duffy came into the game leading the nation in punting and earlier in the game he unleashed a 69-yard punt despite the rainy, wind, slippery conditions. It would have been easy -- and believable -- for him to have blamed his first bad punt of the season on the weather.

But the junior didn't and that may have impressed me more than any of the magnificent punts he's had this season for Kentucky.

“I just shanked it. I was having a decent night before that, so it was just one of those things that I would like to take back and do over perfect," Duffy said.

"I think three were long and three were short in the same night, so that is how punting goes. I am disappointed because we were in the game at that point and if I flip the field there then it’s big for us. It is one of those risk and reward things.

"I wasn’t good enough tonight, but hopefully I can bounce back and get better.”

Duffy admitted his shank was a "huge" play of the wrong kind for Kentucky.

"In a game like this, field position is always going to be huge. (Georgia punter) Jake Camarda did a great job tonight. I think he averaged 53 yards on six punts, so he was awesome," Duffy said.

"Unfortunately, I could not match him. Maybe that was the difference. It was big for us in the first half and then didn’t execute in the second half.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post