Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Blue White report card

By: RON BALL

Photo: Jeff Houchin Photography

Preseason attempt based on expectations over actual play

Immanuel Quickley: A markedly improved over last year. Added confidence and nice touch both handling the ball and shooting from long range. I pencil him as the starting SG

Ashton Hagans: A- him hitting treys makes him a much different player. He does that and opponents won't back off and dare him to shoot

Nick Richards: A- The Nick we have been waiting to see. Big on the glass, moving well, playing hard

EJ Montgomery: B Still playing a bit soft but much better than last year. Better confidence too but still needs to develop some aggression

Khalil Whitney: B Kid can really jump. Needs to work on his midrange game though.

Nate Sestina: B+ will bring perimeter shooting as well as toughness and leadership. A really big pickup, one big enoigh that it could be the one that puts us over the top

Tyrese Maxey: B- Most will think this is too low but I am baseing on my expectation. Couple airballs, likely jitters.

Johnny Zujang: B Really good going to the basket. Didnt do what his reputation was....the bomber, but did do something we need on the drive and dink shots

Keion Brooks: B- Seemed a bit lost but still had some shining moments. He is going to be that solid depth guy given time.

Officials F Doug Shows, does not matter...he always gets an F
    Comments 15 Comments
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
      Thought Brooks had one of the most impressive outings. What were his stats?
      So much so he could be pushing EJ for the start at four.

I would start Hagans, Quickley, Sestina, Brooks, and Richards based solely on tonights play. Those were the most impressive imo.
      But then again, I would never base it on just tonight's play.
      Definitely the 5 best.

I'm not coming to any conclusions at all from the new guys from this, though. It was their first time smellin' the popcorn, as Cal reminded us too many times.
      bigsky -
      Smellin the popcorn. sheesh. poop ice cream
      UKHistory -
      Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
      Will Sestina bring more to the team than Travis did
      Reid was a strong rebounder, decent shooter and very mature. Great leadership. Destination is a really good shooter who has really changed his body.
      anderwt -
      My starting 5 after watching

Hagans
      IQ
      Sestina
      Brooks
      Maxey

Was really disappointed in EJ’s energy.. sestina is good and IQ, wow..love brooks energy.. we have zero guys who can post up and be depended on right now..this team will have to be like our 2010-11 team
      DanISSELisdaman -
      I loved how Quickley pushed the ball up the floor. He looked really tuned in IMO. Loved what I saw of Sestina too. He played better defense than I expected and seems to have a high BB IQ.
      kingcat -
      Nick actually had a monster game. (20 and 11)

And against pretty good players.

I saw that Brooks was credited with 11 and 6.
      I take issue with those stats. Someone was credited with a few of his baskets imo.
      The young man had 12 by the first 1:30 of the 2nd half.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
      Destination is a really good shooter who has really changed his body.
      Believe you're describing one of the U6 "ladies," aren't you?
      Patrick541 -
      Given EJ’s talent level abs expectations I give him a C or D. He was a non factor.
      Doc -
      In a preseason game of no consequence, I elected to grade on a curve.
      anderwt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Patrick541 View Post
      Given EJ’s talent level abs expectations I give him a C or D. He was a non factor.
      It’s concerning honestly
      UKHistory -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Believe you're describing one of the U6 "ladies," aren't you?
      Well played. My darn autocorrect is painful. I can’t type on an eye pad.
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
      I loved how Quickley pushed the ball up the floor. He looked really tuned in IMO. Loved what I saw of Sestina too. He played better defense than I expected and seems to have a high BB IQ.
      Sestina's quickness came as quite a shock and was expecting a less imposing Reid Travis. We got a more physical Luke Hancock.

I actually expected Quickley to improve dramatically. I had many intense discussions here with some who though he would be no more than an afterthought to Juzang and Maxey.

And who knows, he may not start. But as it turns out, it was not so laughable after all was it?
      ..But I forgive you.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
      Well played. My darn autocorrect is painful. I can’t type on an eye pad.
      Weak effort on my part, couldn't resist. Would've been better if the autocorrect would have made Sestina Destiney, though. Next time!
      Kacat -
      I thought they all played pretty well. Something about this team that just resonates. Could be the personalities but its a team that just has a little different feel to it. I'd probably go with an A+ for IQ. Thought he was really special last night. Hagans was about as good as I've seen as well. Really looks like he has improved his jump shot. Sestina was money, gotta give him an A as well.
      ukpumacat -
      We have some dogs on this team.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post