Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky presently Flying with Sawyer Smith but Ready for the Next Flight

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Mark Stoops said that if he is ready they are going with Sawyer Smith as the starting quarterback against the Arkansas Razorbacks. He said that Smith didn't throw all last week. They have preparing all-purpose player Lynn Bowden to be under center if a banged up Smith can't player.

It's really good to be home," Stoops said when he arrived in the room to a jubilant bunch of media that was being entertained by yours truly. "I'm excited to get back in Kroger Field in front of our home fans. It seems like a long time." He said they are going to hit the reset button for a successful rest of the season.

"Our team is going to be hungry to play this game. It's been a tough stretch and it give us an opportunity to reload. About Smith Stoops said - "He took a week off and he needed that. Our training staff said he feels significantly better." Stoops said it is what it is and they are not trying to hold anything back and you guys know what we have been working on.

Stoops said they have been out on the road recruiting attempting to put the finishing touches on this class. He said they have a chance to have a significantly better class and the best....."since in my tenure. I can't go back in history but certainly since I've been here"

We as the quarterback situation works out who are the backups in the punt-return department? He said they are true freshman Travis Tisdale and Josh Ali who he said has done a nice job. He said Tisdale most likely as a kickoff-returner. Tisdale is a new precinct heard from. We've always been reported to have blazing speed.

Stoops said - "Watching Arkansas on film was impressive. What little time I had to watch it they were good on both sides of the ball. I think you know what kind of team Texas &M is. They seem to be putting it all together." Stoops said there has has been quite a lot of turnover since Coach Michael Smith.

There are two players Phil Hoskins and Isaiah Epps still in limbo healthwise.
    Stoops touched on some inconsistencies. They are constantly having to developing leadership on the team.
  • KSR Twitter Feed