Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Kahlil Whitney "can't wait" to play in Rupp Arena

By LARRY VAUGHT

It should be no surprise who Kentucky freshman Kahlil Whitney’s favorite UK basketball player is.

“Kentucky was my dream school and Anthony Davis was my favorite player,” Whitney said.

Davis led Kentucky to the 2012 national championship and is now one of the top players in the NBA. Whitney was in grade school when Davis had his championship season at UK but because Davis was from Chicago like Whitney, the younger player watched him play and fell in love with the Wildcats.

“When I got that offer from Kentucky, it was amazing. It really was like a dream come true. I couldn’t believe it, because everything came so fast,” Whitney said. “I was the No. 1 small forward in the country. Then I got the Kentucky offer.”

Once the 6-7 Whitney got the offer, he didn’t need long to commit and soon will start his freshman season.

“It was a lot of blessings that were bestowed upon me, and I was just thankful,” Whitney said. “Coach Cal coaches his player to win and I like that. He will push me and get the best out of me. We are going to work hard to win a national championship.

“Me and (freshman guard) Tyrese (Maxey) is like cookies and cream. We click. He has always got a smile on his face — trying to be energetic and get the guys going. If a teammate is not hitting his shots, he’ll pat him on the butt and be like, ‘Let’s go.’ He’s always encouraging, and that’s what I like about my point guard.”

He knows a lot about freshman teammate Keion Brooks, too.

“He is very similar to me. Very athletic, rebounds the ball well, very unselfish,” Whitney said. “He might play the same time with me and that is pretty scary because a lot of teams are going to have to play us straight up. I can’t wait to play with those guys at Rupp Arena.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post