Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• DEMAREE: Kentucky Football Practice notes for 9/17

By: LONNY DEMAREE

* Eddie Gran expressed a high level of satisfaction in his quarterback Sawyer Smith which we have said Kentucky can win with Smith going forward.

* Gran was asked how he adjusted to the cowbells in practice today. He responded HUH, What did you say, joshing with the media.

* He said he thinks it's great because it forces the players to concentrate on their business. He said he thought they (the players) did a heck of a job today. "I was very proud of them.

* Gran said a couple of mistakes Smith made he showed a lot of courage and came back and made up for them.

* Smith gained a lot of respect from his coaches and players with the way after he threw the interception and turned and ran the Florida player down to prevent him from scoring.

* Among the several running technique things in short yardage the bottom thing is "You've have to be a full grown man.

* Gran said self-scout on himself in short-yardage runs and implied Chris Rodriquez could play a roll in that situation.

* He said Rodriquez has earned the right to be there in not just short-yardage but in the whole of the game. "When go through a twelve game and hopefully a 13-game schedule we need him. We need to get him back in the game a get his confidence back."

* Drake Jackson said of Smith running the Florida defensive back down, "It's a team thing was, we play to the whistle."

* Vince marrow said he likes the game early because opposing schools use a lot of things against them. "That atmosphere was electric Saturday night and the recruits need to see that," the coach said. "I've played a lot of places and that was one of the best."

* Marrow said what really impressed him was he really wasn't sure of what they had until they competed against a quality SEC team. "We had a lot of young guys that are going to play on that stage and until we played an SEC team, now I know what we have," an encouraged Marrow said. "We had a lot of young guys step up I'm very encouraged by what I saw."

* As far as a relapse, "I'm telling you guys this ain't the old Kentucky, we are built for this Vince Marrow said. "I see a lot of pissed off guys in that locker room and when you lose a game like that you want to play again two days later." He said he's been tell the media about Ahmad Wagner and he's still yet to reach his peak.

* "Kansas State who defeated MS at Davis Wade Stadium, "I hate it but they are similar to us a hard-nosed blue collar team. It's going to be a physical game."
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Practice notes for 9/17 started by LonnyDemaree View original post
    Comments 1 Comment
      ETWNAPPEL -
      This makes me feel good about Saturday
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post