Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• #BBNVEGAS Campaign launched to support two Kentucky games in Las Vegas

LEXINGTON (August 28, 2019) – The neon lights of the Las Vegas Strip will glow blue when Big Blue Nation takes over Sin City in December with two games at T-Mobile Arena. The Kentucky men’s basketball team will play Utah on Wednesday, Dec. 18 and Ohio State in the CBS Sports Classic three days later on Saturday, Dec. 21 at T-Mobile Arena. Lexington-based bdG Sports announced a #BBNVegas campaign today and the launch of ticket sales for the Utah game which it is managing.

The Wildcats head to Vegas for only the third time in school history after playing at UNLV in 1980 and a memorable game vs. North Carolina at T-Mobile Arena in 2016. The Utah game will tip at 8 p.m. PT on Wednesday, Dec. 18 and the event, dubbed the Neon Hoops Showcase, serves to benefit Coaches vs. Cancer, an initiative spearheaded by the National Association of Basketball Coaches (www.nabc.com) and the American Cancer Society (www.cancer.org).

“I know our team and our fans have been looking forward to this Las Vegas trip since we announced it and really since the last time we were there in 2016,” said Kentucky head coach John Calipari. “I’ve had folks come up to me and tell me what an unbelievable time they had when we played North Carolina in T-Mobile Arena. The great thing about this trip is we’re going to make it a little longer and play two games so our fans can get a good look at our team while enjoying a few days in Vegas before the holidays. Ohio State and Utah are going to be difficult games and really prepare our young team for what’s to come later in the season. I know we can’t wait to get out there.”

bdG Sports is partnering with Kentucky Sports Radio to promote #BBNVegas which will include fan contests, such as winning a trip to Las Vegas for the weekend, and fan engagement on social media through @BBNLasVegas and the hashtag. The week’s festivities also will include a golf outing at Shadow Creek, the legendary course in Las Vegas that played host to “The Match” between Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson last November, with full details to be announced at a later date.

“Our company has been in partnership with MGM Resorts since 2013 to bring the very best of college basketball to Las Vegas,” said bdG Sports President and CEO Brooks Downing. “Two things that have no equal are the Las Vegas Strip and Big Blue Nation. It’s a destination trip that includes two premium UK games, terrific lodging options, and for the golfer, an opportunity to play one of the world’s finest golf courses.”

Tickets for Kentucky-Utah go on public sale on Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET and can be purchased at AXS.com, t-mobilearena.com or by calling 888-9AXS-TIX.
    Comments 14 Comments
      ukpumacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      I booked my flights and rooms at the MGM 5 months ago. Going to book the LOVE show and Shim Lin this week. Sons girlfriend turns 21 the day before we leave so it will be her birthday trip as well
      Just saw LOVE for the 2nd time a couple of months back. Its still my favorite show in Vegas. Its truly a show where every seat is a great seat. I've sat in the 2nd row and in the very back and probably preferred the very back.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
      Just saw LOVE for the 2nd time a couple of months back. Its still my favorite show in Vegas. Its truly a show where every seat is a great seat. I've sat in the 2nd row and in the very back and probably preferred the very back.
      Glad to know. We saw the Micheal Jackson show last time in Vegas. Sat too close and missed much os the action. I will take that into consideration
      ukpumacat -
      Glad to know. We saw the Micheal Jackson show last time in Vegas. Sat too close and missed much os the action. I will take that into consideration
      Exactly, and this is much worse. Meaning, there is SO MUCH going on all over the stage that its completely impossible to see it if you are up close. And the last row is VERY close compared to most theaters.
      Btw, I didn't pay for the 2nd row. I actually bought tickets for the back and they had it closed and moved us to the 2nd row. I literally asked if we could just have our original seats and she looked at me like I was crazy. Ha

Can't wait for this trip.
      bigsky -
      When do the saturday tix go on sale?
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
      Probably the friday before the game
      bigsky -
      Seems like it
      dtalbersjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
      The CBS Sports Classic ticket process is MUCH better than Champions Classic. There are usually several price levels and plenty available in all of them. You'll be able to get whatever price level you want if you buy when they go on sale.

They haven't announced a sale date yet, but it should be soon. I'll go back and look and see if I can figure out when they went on sale last time it was in Vegas.
      ukpumacat -
      CBS Sports Classic goes on sale in October.
      ukpumacat -
      Utah game will go on sale middle of next week.
      I will post links when they are live.
      Doc -
      Just booked. Screwed up though. Put in Dec 19 then was checking showtimes and date reset to today which I did not notice. Bought 2 tix for tonight! Got it changed though. Also going to see Shin Lin. Scored those tix as well
      dtalbersjr -
      Utah game will go on sale middle of next week.
      I will post links when they are live.

Tuesday at 1 PM Eastern, 10 PM Pacific.
      UKRxman93 -
      Just booked. Screwed up though. Put in Dec 19 then was checking showtimes and date reset to today which I did not notice. Bought 2 tix for tonight! Got it changed though. Also going to see Shin Lin. Scored those tix as well
      Shin Lin is one amazing magician.
      UKHistory -
      Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
      Tuesday at 1 PM Eastern, 10 PM Pacific.
      10:00 am?
      ukpumacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
      10:00 am?
      Yup.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post