Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Transformation of Keyla Snowden

Some student-athletes, during their college careers seriously take on the tenets of the 400-page NCAA manual, often adopting numerous concepts of good citizenry while happily becoming forward-thinking mavericks that actively choose to make continuously positive and lasting impacts on the lives of their loyal fans and beyond. Often after their college careers are complete, many athletes gladly embrace the role model status, by moving on to take part in life’s plentiful arrangements of dreams and jobs, taking with them the plentiful life lessons that they once learned as impactful student athletes on the court and in the classroom. Some merely blend into society, complementing the mundane routines of daily life, while others become vibrant activists, philanthropists and contributors to the social fabric, choosing instead to stand out by colorfully painting new chapters of charitable giving in their lives.

Such a charitable soul is found in former University of Kentucky basketball standout Keyla Snowden; who continues to beautifully paint her “yellow brick road” with a uniquely interesting blend of moral, ethical and social accolades.

Many Big Blue Nation fans, academia, coaches and administrators will fondly remember Keyla for her athletic and academic accomplishments, while others will remember Snowden for her beauty and poise, but few truly know the mature polished and generous Keyla of today filled with a myriad of professional goals for the future.

Well, luckily for the diehard Kentucky fans everywhere, not only will you be able to reacquaint yourselves with this accomplished athlete and alumnus, but you will also be able to take home a bit of Keyla’s latest business adventure, perfectly sketching the beginning of her future life’s portrait.

Snowden, along with several aides, has compiled a beautiful 2013 photographic calendar, filled with artistic images that express the many sides of this former Ms. Wildcat. All Big Blue Nation fans will be treated to a composition of tasteful elegant imagery of Ms. Snowden that depicts the various nuances, shades and complexity of this young woman. Many will be delightfully surprised to see a distinctly new side of Keyla.

When asked why she wanted to produce this calendar of artistic photos, Snowden replied, “I kind of always thought it would be a fun idea [to do the calendar.] The experience was a way to model, but not on a serious level, more importantly it is a fantastic way to give people a chance to see me on a more personal note.”

What a fun time it was for Snowden to portray her many talents with the help of gifted photographer Staci-Marie and friend Mino Slick. Although the process has been long and arduous, the end result [the calendar] has also stirred some great anticipation, excitement and fun according to Snowden, “Yeah it’s been a lot of fun,” Snowden said, “It’s definitely a project that takes time and commitment, like most things.”

Many assignments in life can be and fun yet rewarding. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In her quest to do something good for society, Keyla Snowden has made a commitment to donate a percentage of the proceeds generated from the calendars to a very well known organization for breast cancer—the Susan G. Komen foundation. Snowden explains, “I choose this foundation because it’s breast cancer awareness month and a few years ago as a member of the women’s basketball team, we were the spokeswomen for the race.”

Not only does this calendar serve a great cause but it also conveys a positive message to many fans about Keyla Snowden, the athlete, humanitarian and philanthropist. However, this is not the only message that Keyla hopes to project as well, “I want this calendar to demonstrate that it is always good to follow your dreams, explore different avenues and to not limit yourself.”

Former wildcat Keyla Snowden has embarked on a great adventure to follow her dreams while trailblazing a totally new path of life for herself. We wish her nothing but great success in the future as Snowden achieves the goals she has set in her effort to make a difference in the world.

If you would like to purchase Keyla’s calendar, you may do so via her website (www.KeylaSnowden.com). You can also check out the rest of her website too!

Comments 3 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      A beautiful young lady, inside and out. And a very talented basketball player.

Thanks, Erin.
      blue2ksr -
      Nice work!

Enjoyed it very much!

Always happy to see these kids enjoying themselves and being successful.
      LarryVaught1 -
      great story
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post