Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Marshall County PG Zion Harmon adds Louisville offer

By LARRY VAUGHT

Less than a day after posting on social media that he was about ready to cut his college list to five schools, Marshall County junior point guard Zion Harmon got an offer from Louisville Wednesday.

“Blessed to receive an Offer from Head Coach Chris Mack and the University of Louisville!” Harmon posted on Twitter not long after he had tweeted that winning a state high school championship was his main focus.

Harmon is one of the top point guards in the 2021 recruiting class. He helped Bowling Green win a state title his eighth-grade year before transferring to Adair County and leading the state in scoring as a freshman at 32.7 points per game. He scored over 1,600 points combined at Bowling Green and Adair County.

His family moved to Marshall County last year but he was ruled ineligible by the Kentucky High School Athletic Association. He opted to stay at Marshall but played on weekends for Bella Vista Prep in Arizona.

Harmon, a Top 25 recruit nationally, got a scholarship offer from Kansas about a month ago. He had made an unofficial visit to Louisville in June.

He also has offers from Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Auburn, LSU, Stephen Austin, Creighton and Saint Louis.

Harmon took two unofficial visits to Kentucky as a freshman but does not have an offer from Kentucky even though his father made it clear previously that he was hoping his son could stay in Kentucky to play his college basketball.
    Comments 14 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      Odd list of schools for a top25 recruit.
      It really is.

Those schools may not be the sleaziest schools, but overall, it makes me cringe just a little bit. Probably not fair to the recruit, and if Cal recruits him, I am happy for it. But I'm not going to question withholding an offer, either. He seems to have proven his worth in avoiding many of the problem children, and even if Zion isn't one, I'm fine with it.

Louisville
      Kansas
      LSU
      Auburn

Hmm
      Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Stephen Austin, Creighton and Saint Louis as well. Just a strange group.
      catmanjack -
      That is my thought as well if Cal doesn’t offer there is a 100% reason.
      UKHistory -
      I would like to recruit elite top 30 in-state players to UK barring any off the court issues.

I know Cal has gotten the best of the best. But the Lebron/Nike situation has changed that dynamic.

I do hope, barring an issue with the young man that we don't know ( and I don't wish to impugn the young man's character either), we offer the young man.

I want quality Kentucky kids wearing the UK uniform.
      catmanjack -
      It seems one thing is he has moved around a bit which could cause caution.
      brianw508 -
      Doesn’t he have handlers and “shady” people around him? Or am I way off?
      catmanjack -
      I think you are spot on.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
      He and Cooper are my favorite true PGs in the class...
      Different classes...2020 vs 2021
      Hoss -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      Different classes...2020 vs 2021
      True... I keep forgetting that since Zion has been balling with the big kids since 8th grade!
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
      True... I keep forgetting that since Zion has been balling with the big kids since 8th grade!
      He will be HS for almost as long as Lester Earl was in college
      dtalbersjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      He will be HS for almost as long as Lester Earl was in college
      But still 15 years less than Perry Ellis was at Kansas.
      Padukacat -
      I’ll get to see a lot of him this year, and have seen him a few times. He’s just small and more of a scorer than a shooter so I think most big schools have been waiting to see if he grows. He hasn’t grown but he’s proven he’s really good and good enough to take in college. Pro game in a college body I think. I’d love to have him at uk. I’m not sure they are really shady, I’m sure they could have their hand out and the moving schools thing seems shady. I think dad is in charge of all that. Now that he has aged and stayed at 6’ or less I think he realizes he’s not a sure fire pro and they’ve backed off some of that and decided to stay in school full term. I doubt he’s any worse than most elite players probably better.
      Doc -
      He can shoot pretty damn well from what I have seen, and is able to get it off despite being undersized due to his quickness, ball handling skills and feel for the game
      TRUCKERCATFAN -
      Quote Originally Posted by brianw508 View Post
      Doesn’t he have handlers and “shady” people around him? Or am I way off?
      Just his dad who by all accounts is a great guy according my sources within the Adair County program. My sources were very good.
      TRUCKERCATFAN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
      I’ll get to see a lot of him this year, and have seen him a few times. He’s just small and more of a scorer than a shooter so I think most big schools have been waiting to see if he grows. He hasn’t grown but he’s proven he’s really good and good enough to take in college. Pro game in a college body I think. I’d love to have him at uk. I’m not sure they are really shady, I’m sure they could have their hand out and the moving schools thing seems shady. I think dad is in charge of all that. Now that he has aged and stayed at 6’ or less I think he realizes he’s not a sure fire pro and they’ve backed off some of that and decided to stay in school full term. I doubt he’s any worse than most elite players probably better.
      From what I’ve been told, his dad is a travel nurse who will gladly move on a whim to put Zion in a better place. He moved him to KY to get him away from the big city and bad influences.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post