Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Terry Wilson has Good Fortune

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Eddie Gran said Terry Wilson threw the ball well in the scrimmage Saturday. For the BBN this is music to their ears because as things develop in the wide receiver corps as well as the tight ends it bodes well for the offense.

• Gran said Wilson is night and day different than last season. “He’s Going through his read progressions – he’s getting the ball out quicker and know where to go and when to tuck it and run.”
    • Gran is reasonably happy with the progress of his receivers are progressing.
    • He pointed out the progression of Akeem Hayes and the very good fall he is having. Coach Michael Smith said Hayes catches the ball effortlessly. I’ve always thought he is a good receiver. “He’s picked up the system well this off season,” Smith said and was asked about his size as being a possible detriment? “He said Hayes laughs at it because he doesn’t believe I was the same size when I played because he looks at me now.” The coach said this isn’t a challenge to him because he’s been small all his life. He said you can’t measure the size of his heart.
    • Tae Tae Crumes: “I’m so excited for that young man because I truly believe he has an opportunity to be a special receiver,” a bubbly Smith said. “The thing I can’t coach with Tae Tae is he can flat fly. He catches the ball more naturally now than he did coming out of high school. He’s getting some reps now with the 2’s.
    • Ahmad Wagner: Smith said he’s had three really-good practices “I thought he played well Saturday in the scrimmage,” the coach said. “He had a great day yesterday.” But they held him today because of tightness in his leg. They are exercising great caution with him because he must play this season, not because this is his last season but because he can really help this team.
    • Listening to the coach it appears that they have a lot of versatility out there. Smith said – “When I coach receiver’s I tell them they are just receivers not inside or outside.
    • Clevan Thomas: Smith said right now he is a swing guy although they are playing him more inside (slot). He said Bowden is playing outside too. Nine of the twelve receiver on Kentucky’s team on scholarship are from Florida. “I’ve never met a slow receiver from Florida,” Thomas said (smiles).

Vince Marrow on his Tight ends

• Justin Rigg is playing better than any tight end I’ve had here Marrow said. “He’s really looking good. “Not being conceited but I think we have a chance to be one of the best tight end groups in America.” CJ Conrad implores Marrow to change his mind about Rigg being better than him. “I think Rigg is more of what you are looking for in a tight end at 6-foot-6, 263-pounds and can run and catch the ball with soft hands. “We’re going to do some good things with him. His comfort level is very good.
    • Marrow was gushing over the d-line. “That d-line is good. It’s the best we’ve had since I’ve been here. “It has to be like a unit and Coach Leblanc can roll in 7 or 8 guys in the game and not lose anything. He said T.J. Carter much like Josh Allen though not to that level he is a self-made guy.
    • Coaches sons are different that the other guys ala, Moses Douglass and M. J. Devonshire. Those guys are not going to do the things off the field that some others might do. Marrow said he feels like they got a steal with Devonshire who is running with the I’s in the secondary. “This kid could have gone most anywhere Marrow said.