Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Highlights of Today and Yesterday

By: LONNY DEMAREE

As Mark Stoops often says all of the talk is over and it's now on the field time preparing for the wars of D1 football.

This writer has been to the football media days in Hoover, Alabama - been to the Louisville Quarterback club meeting Monday at the Big Spring Country Club - to the Kickoff Luncheon at the Woodford Reserve - UK football media day - and now Fan Day at the Joe Craft Practice Facility. I walk into my house this afternoon there was a strong wharf of pork-rinds in the air. I ask Maggie (my wife) did she buy some of those grocery? She replied NO. Then I discovered it was me and took my cloths off and hung them out to air out whereby releasing that pigskin smell (Laughs).

News Flash! Lynn Bowden is a receiver supreme and is going to be an All-American. Whereby he awaiting a big payday for him. The Young man is a punt returner supreme. Bowden is an outstanding leader when you observe him on the sidelines interfacing with he receiver corp. Right now there's a lot to like about Lynn Bowden.

News Flash! Transfer Xavier Peters on one play got off the ball like he was shot out of a cannon on a speed rush and huge Nick Lewis (offensive tackle) was in a fight of his life. Woooo when Peters gets eligible.

Best Honesty Quote. I ask Marquan Mccall if during former teammate 5-star Justin Rogers recruitment did he talk to Rogers about coming to UK? "Yeah I talked to him some," McCall said of a somewhat tentative voice. I ask him his honest reaction when Rogers announced Kentucky. He said - "Man! I was shocked because everybody wanted him. I'm beside myself that we get to play together again."

Pic Master! Is it something about Walker Wood that every time I witness live UK action Jordan Wright pic's off Wood. Are interceptions going to be Wright's specialty? Mark Stoops said Wright will be held out of contact action for a few days and other than something that happened this summer (I'm assuming he did in workouts).

- Taj Dodson had a great pass break up.
    - M. J. Devonshire Jr. recorded a pick for himself.
    - Sawyer Smith has a live arm.
    - Clevan Thomas Jr. had a great catch of a Smith pass.
    - The throw and catch of the day in 11-on-11 was Wilson to Bowden on a deeps sideline route.
    - Wilson used his tight ends well all day and his favorite target of any receiver was Justin Rigg.
    - Ahmad Wagner caught the ball well and had a contested catch where his size and and strength prevailed.
    - Chris Rodriquez lined up in the Wildcat formation.
    - To the perpetual music, at one point[B] Gibson put on a twinkle-toe performance.

For the most part the db's day wasn't a washout.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post