Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky Day at SEC Media Days - Finally

Strolled in at 8:05 a.m. CT this morning, and had my pick of seats in the main media room. Selected 4th row, middle, 1st chair for a good view, and easy access to the UK athletes they select in the front two corner podiums.
    Comments 36 Comments
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Lobby as a whole. Attachment 8244
      Ryan Brown cutting out of work early today.
      Darrell KSR -
      They have placed the UK helmet on the podium.
      Darrell KSR -
      And...
      Darrell KSR -
      I know I'm biased, but doesn't that look gorgeous?
      Darrell KSR -
      Mark Stoops. Attachment 8245
      Darrell KSR -
      Closer. Attachment 8246
      Darrell KSR -
      Expects Terry Wilson to make a "big jump" this year.
      Darrell KSR -
      OL will be very, very solid this year.

Really good options at RB to replace Benny. AJ, Smoke and Chris Rodriguez ready to go.
      Darrell KSR -
      Interior DL is deeper than it has been at UK since he has been there.
      Darrell KSR -
      "We want more," Stoops said, in response to a question as to whether 10 wins is the benchmark now for the program.
      Darrell KSR -
      Terry Wilson -- what areas do you want to see him improve on?

Basic fundamentals. Getting proper alignment. Starting with proper reads. The system. Making sure the coaches put him in the right position. Getting better around him, explosive receivers, etc.

Kash Daniels -- can you describe him?

Kash - what you see is what you get. Passionate. Passionate about being from Eastern Kentucky. Cares about his team and winning, and his brothers in the locker room. It's why people relate to him well.
      Darrell KSR -
      Stoops ducks question about starting a winning streak against Florida. Laughs it off, says every game is important.
      Darrell KSR -
      Sawyer Smith -- how can he fit in?

Important to get Sawyer--fact that he has experience. He is a talented player, and he has played in big games. Important to bring in experience here. Sawyer is a big piece of it--but we don't know how big. Excited to have him. He has delivered under pressure.
      Darrell KSR -
      Logan Stenberg -- graduate, big, nasty player on the field.

Expects big things from WR Allen Dailey. Also big things from K. Smoke

(All 3 Alabama natives)
      Darrell KSR -
      Excited about playing Arkansas, a real challenge for UK. They can move the football against elite defenses.
      Darrell KSR -
      Punts question related to alcohol sales to Eli Capilouto and Mitch. Says his job is to win games.

Good answer, Mark.
      Darrell KSR -
      Talks to players about dangers about sports gambling, can trickle into student athletes.
      Darrell KSR -
      SEC East is improving, very strong. But so is the West. Can't be affected by the rest of the league, have to focus on Kentucky, keep improving.
      Darrell KSR -
      Re: the secondary

No replacing the experience of the guys we lost. Unique to have that amount of experience. We have some inside guys, nickels, dimes, safeties. Outside will be the biggest issue.

Cedric Dort redshirted last year, would've been the 4th corner, will be back. Brandin Echols, JUCO, Jamari Brown excited about.
      Darrell KSR -
      Jared Lorenzen--

Tough loss for all of us. Beloved. BBN, terrific person and father. Terry Wilson texted Mark and asked about wearing his number, and Stoops thought it was a great idea.

Stoops walks off the podium by telling everybody they just have to bear through Gus (Malzahn), one more to go, laughing.

Man, it's a lot more fun coming off a 10-win season.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post