Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Keep an eye on Deshain Nix

By LARRY VAUGHT

Remember the name Deshain Nix.

He’s one of the nation’s best point guards — and maybe the best passer in the 2020 recruiting class.

The 6-5 Nix has a big list of scholarship offers including Arizona, Gonzaga, Kansas, LSU, Oklahoma, UNLV and West Virginia. He doesn’t have an offer from Kentucky — or at least not yet.

The Alaska native came to Las Vegas in 2015 to play for Trinity International. He doesn’t play for one of the shoe company AAU teams and because of that was not at Peach Jam last week with *most of the nation’s other top players.

“I’ve seen him play, though, and he’s fantastic,” said Rivals.com recruiting writer Krysten Peek. “Talk about court vision. He is the best passer in the 2020 class.

“He is so smooth. He needs to work on his shot more but I really like his game. He can guard the 1 or the 2 because he is super solid on defense.”

There’s more.

“He is out in transition in a hurry, something I really like about him,” Peek said. “You can’t coach that.”

She saw him play with B.J. Boston, an Atlanta wing player who does have a scholarship offer from Kentucky.

“It was so much fun to watch them play together,” Peek said. “They were so good together. I loved watching him (Nix) play.”

If you want to watch Nix play, you will be able to several times in Kentucky this year. He will be at Marshall County Hoopfest in December and back for McCracken County Mustang Madness in January.
    Comments 3 Comments
      KeithKSR -
      I am somewhat surprised that Cal hasn’t yet offered Nix. I wonder if we may be in better shape with Cooper than many think.
      Hoss -
      Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
      I am somewhat surprised that Cal hasn’t yet offered Nix. I wonder if we may be in better shape with Cooper than many think.
      I hope so...LOVE Cooper! Maybe Cal is selling PG to Clarke & he does in fact re-class?!
      blueboss -
      IIRC, Patrick541 mentioned some interest in Nix in one of the Peach Jam threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post