Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Sawyer Smith has enrolled at Kentucky

Quarterback Sawyer Smith Transfers to Kentucky

The graduate transfer is eligible to play immediately and will have two seasons remaining

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Former Troy quarterback Sawyer Smith has enrolled at Kentucky as a graduate transfer and will be eligible to play the 2019 season, it was announced on Monday. He will have two seasons of eligibility remaining.

“We’re excited to have Sawyer join our program,” head coach Mark Stoops said. “It’s great to add a quarterback with his experience and success. He helped lead Troy to an outstanding season last year and we’re glad to have him here.”

Smith, from Cantonment, Florida, played in all 13 games last season for Troy, starting the final seven games for coach Neal Brown, a former Kentucky wide receiver and offensive coordinator. Smith went 5-2 as the starter, completing 144-of-229 passes for 1,669 yards and 14 touchdowns. He also rushed for 191 yards and a score.

The 6-foot-3, 219-pounder will graduate from Troy in July 2019 with a degree in social science and will work on a master’s degree in sport leadership at UK.

In 2018, Smith helped settle the Trojans after starter Kaleb Barker was lost for the season to a knee injury. He was named Most Valuable Player of the Dollar General Bowl after leading Troy to a 42-32 win over Buffalo. In that game, Smith completed 31-of-44 passes for 320 yards and four touchdowns.

Smith appeared in six games as a freshman in 2016 before redshirting the 2017 season. At Tate (Fla.) High School he was a two-time Pensacola News Journal All-Area pick, all-state as a senior and combined to pass for 5,627 yards and 47 touchdowns his final two seasons.
    Comments 4 Comments
      Terry Blue -
      I'm quite sure Neal Brown gave Stoops a good recommendation on Smith
      Darrell KSR -
      He's a good player. I don't know if he sees the field or not, but big addition to the team with his experience.
      catmanjack -
      Like this one and glad to have him
      kingcat -
      Perfect
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post