Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Kalil Branham inspires with his Kentucky commitment

By LARRY VAUGHT

I have no real idea what kind of football player Kalil Branham will be at Kentucky but I do know this — I’ve never heard a more inspirational commitment statement than the one he made on Twitter today (his Twitter handle is @kburg_dash) to announce his verbal commitment to Kentucky.

The 6-1, 200-pound receiver from Columbus, Ohio, originally was a Michigan commit but de-committed after making a visit to Kentucky this spring.*

His other offers included Michigan, Michigan State, Cincinnati, Louisville, Baylor, Indiana and others. He’s rated as one of the top 10 players in Ohio, a top 400 player nationally and top 60 receiver. Only Michigan lineman Justin Rogers, Kentucky lineman John Young and Ohio running back Jutahn McClain are higher ranked among UK’s 2020 recruits.

He’s the fourth receiver in UK’s 2020 class joining Louisville’s Izayah Cummings and Jordan Watkins along with Earnest Sanders of Michigan.

On his Twitter post, he wrote: “Thank you to the ones who gave me opportunity and Prayer. The ones that gave me their time. Please watch my commitment video.”

If you go to Twitter to watch, you will be impressed by his sincerity during about a two-minute prayer where he shared the isolation he felt after his commitment to Michigan and more.*

“God made me see his mission for me,” Branham said during the video. “Lord I didn’t put you first and I am sorry.”

Kentucky fans didn’t need long to express their appreciation for his commitment video. Here’s a sampling of the comments:
    Sara Foos (@MrsCoachFoos) —“One of the best commitment videos I’ve ever seen. Congrats and welcome to #BBN!”

Bobby Briscoe @BabaluCat — “This is great! He is already one of my favorite players!”

Nicki Sackett @NickiSackett1 *— “WOW!!! What a statement from a teenager!!! Welcome to the BBN!!!”

Jennifer Musick @UKgirl79 *— “We just got more than a great football player today. What a great role model for kids & great guy of faith with words beyond his years. Don’t think I ever cried like that during a commitment. BBN is blessed to have a guy like you join our family. Welcome Kalil!”

My guess is that Music was not the only one who cried. It was that emotional and already has me anxious to watch him play in 2020 when he gets to Kentucky.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post