Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Cobb shares time back in Kentucky

By LARRY VAUGHT

He’s recently signed a $5 million, one-year contract with the Dallas Cowboys after spending eight productive years with the Green Bay Packers and quarterback Aaron Rodgers, but former University of Kentucky star Randall Cobb was delighted to be in Louisville Sunday night.

He was the featured speaker at the Louisville Courier Journal Sports Awards ceremony honoring the top high school athlete in every sport in the CJ coverage area.

“I was part of one (awards ceremony) in my hometown in Knoxville. I saw the reaction of the kids being celebrated and thought it would be cool to come back to Kentucky and do it, too,” said Cobb Sunday afternoon. “I was able to make it back and am really happy I got to make it.”

Cobb has always been willing to share his time. He certainly did at UK when he always signed autographs or posed for pictures with fans. He was a fan favorite in Green Bay. I can still remember being at a summer football camp hosted by Champ Kelly when Cobb came and mesmerized the campers.

“I try to do everything I can like that,” Cobb said. “It’s a little more difficult this year with the football move from Green Bay to Dallas and moving my family. My wife and 9-month-old son are in Texas now.

“There was a lot of transition stuff to work through, so right now I can not commit to a whole lot of stuff. but I thought it was important to come back to Kentucky for this.”
    Comments 1 Comment
      dan_bgblue -
      He gave the team and us everything he had and maximized his God given abilities. Like Darrell, he is one of my all time favorite players
  • KSR Twitter Feed