Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Never a dull moment in Kentucky basketball recruiting

By LARRY VAUGHT

For Kentucky basketball, there’s never a dull or off time in recruiting.

2020 point guard Jeremy Roach, the first point guard in the class offered a scholarship by John Calipari, picked Duke. He missed last season with a knee injury.

However, 247Sports recruiting analyst Evan Daniels, who had the story about Roach, also made a more favorable observation for Kentucky earlier in the day when he switched his college choice for Jaden McDaniels, one of the top forwards in the 2019 recruiting class, from home-state Washington to Kentucky.

McDaniels has said very little to give any insights into his recruiting but the assumption had been was that he would stay on the west coast. At the McDonald’s All-American Game, he refused to even talk about his recruiting options.

But remember at one time McDaniels did call Kentucky his “dream school” and he’s always indicated a strong interest in Kentucky. If UK lands him, it would be a huge talent addition for John Calipari’s team.

California swingman Johnny Juzang, another five-star player, will not make his college choice Friday between UK, Kansas, Oregon and Virginia. He recently made an official visit to UK that seemed to go extremely well.

The 6-6 Juzang reclassified to the 2019 recruiting class after getting a scholarship offer from UK and is a top 30 player. More importantly for UK, he’s a prolific 3-point shooter — an area where UK, like most teams, could use more help.

Much like Tyler Herro could, Juzang can also hit a midrange shot as well as put in 3-pointers. He can score in traffic but often pulls up for a jump shot. His athleticism and length make him a versatile defender like Calipari likes.

If Kentucky lands Juzang and McDaniels, it well could have the nation’s No. 1 recruiting class and give Calipari a loaded roster going into next season.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post