Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Kentucky reveals five basketball games on schedule

By LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky won’t officially have its 2019-20 basketball schedule put together for months but five games were released on social media by UK basketball Wednesday.

Count me as one who likes that UK will host Eastern Kentucky in its regular-season opener on Friday, Nov. 8 — the first of what will probably be at least three Friday home games in November. Kentucky easily beat Eastern in Rupp in both 2014 and 2015 and has not lost in 11 previous meetings with the Colonels.

Eastern finished 13-18 last year, including 6-12 in Ohio Valley Conference play, and brought in new coach A.W. Hamilton in hopes of reviving the program.

Kentucky’s season-opening game will be Nov. 5 at Madison Square Garden in New York in the Champions Classic against Michigan State. The Spartans, a Final Four team last season, return player of the year candidate Cassius Winston. Several early preseason polls have Michigan State No. 1.

Former Cat Walter McCarty, a key player on UK’s 1996 national championship team, indicated several months ago his Evansville team would play Kentucky this year — and he was right. Evansville will be in Rupp Arena Tuesday, Nov. 12, after going 11-21 in McCarty’s first season. The two teams have never played.

“To be able to go back to where I played college and had a lot of success is a tremendous opportunity for our program,” head coach Walter McCarty said in a news release. “I am grateful to (UK head coach) John (Calipari) for helping to make this happen."

The week before Christmas — and week after final exams — will have Kentucky in Las Vegas. The Wildcats will play Utah at T-Mobile Arena in on Dec. 18 after hosting Utah last year. Then on Dec. 21 the Cats will play Ohio State in the CBS Sports Classic.

Kentucky finished 30-7 last season, including a 15-3 mark in the Southeastern Conference, and reached the Elite Eight.

Coach John Calipari currently has the nation’s No. 3 recruiting class but could move that to No. 1 depending on what several players, including Johnny Juzang today, decide about their college choices.
    Comments 4 Comments
      MickintheHam -
      I hope to see all but the Eastern game!
      dtalbersjr -
      Can’t wait for that Vegas trip, although I wish they were Thurs/Sat games instead of Wed/Sat. Would be easier on the wallet, not that an extra day in Vegas is ever bad.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
      Can’t wait for that Vegas trip, although I wish they were Thurs/Sat games instead of Wed/Sat. Would be easier on the wallet, not that an extra day in Vegas is ever bad.
      I expect to win enough to cover the extra night!!!
      dtalbersjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      I expect to win enough to cover the extra night!!!
      I don’t want to jump to conclusions without further evidence, but I’m starting to believe that MAYBE expecting to win when I go to Vegas isn’t entirely realistic.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post