Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Quarterback Beau Allen considering options

By LARRY VAUGHT

Lexington Catholic quarterback Beau Allen will take an official visit to Washington State this weekend and then make his official visit to Kentucky the weekend of April 26-28.

After that, he’ll likely take an official visit to West Virginia where former UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown is the new head coach and maybe Duke.

The 6-2 Allen threw for 3,729 yards and 42 touchdowns last season and also ran for 747 yards. He’s rated as one of the top 10 players in Kentucky in the 2020 recruiting class.

Obviously, part of the attraction with Washington State is head coach Mike Leach, a former offensive coordinator at Kentucky under Hal Mumme, and his wide-open passing offense. However, the coach that Allen talks to the most is receivers coach Steve Spurrier Jr.

“I have bonded well with their staff,” Allen said Thursday night. “The coach I talk to the most is Steve Spurrier. He’s really been nice to me and my family.”

What about distance? It’s a long way from Lexington to Washington State.

“Distance not a big deal,” the quarterback said. “To us as a family, there is some value in getting away and seeing and learning a lot of new things outside of football.”
    This article was originally published in forum thread: VAUGHT: Quarterback Beau Allen considering options started by Darrell KSR View original post
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post