Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• As Harrisons commit to Kentucky, are the Cats moving from Gr8ness to Dy9asty?

Andrew and Aaron Harrison, consensus top 5 players in the class of 2013, have committed to play for John Calipari at the University of Kentucky. Scout's Evan Daniels said that whoever landed the twins would have the nation's best backcourt in 2014, and that honor will likely belong to the Wildcats now.

"We just sat down one night and decided that we wanted to go somewhere (where) we could win as soon as we get there,” said Aaron. The announcement was televised live on ESPNU.

Not only is winning important to the twins, but also getting better, according to Andrew Harrison. "Coach Calipari presented a challenge for us and he just told us from day one it was going to be tough and he was going to push us every day,” Andrew stated.

“And that’s what we really wanted to hear. We just want to become better players.”

Kentucky has landed four consecutive # 1 recruiting classes under John Calipari, and the Cats are in terrific shape for other blue-chip players like James Young, James Randle, and Andrew Wiggins. The defending national champs seem to be on a nearly unprecedented roll, perhaps matched only by John Wooden's incredible run at UCLA. That run was accomplished with players who generally stayed four years at UCLA, however, and no school has ever matched John Calipari's prowess at consistently landing the best of the best since he arrived at Kentucky.

Kentucky's Elite Eighth (see, book, Larry Vaught) was a special national championship, and included their second consecutive trip to the Final Four. From Gr8ness to Dy9asty? Only time will tell, but the Cats have their sights set firmly on national title # 9, loading up with the bluest of blue chip players like Andrew and Aaron Harrison.
    Comments 26 Comments
      Darryl -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Andrew and Aaron Harrison, consensus top 5 players in the class of 2013, have committed to play for John Calipari at the University of Kentucky. Scout's Evan Daniels said that whoever landed the twins would have the nation's best backcourt in 2014, and that honor will likely belong to the Wildcats now.

"We just sat down one night and decided that we wanted to go somewhere (where) we could win as soon as we get there,” said Aaron. The announcement was televised live on ESPNU.

Not only is winning important to the twins, but also getting better, according to Andrew Harrison. "Coach Calipari presented a challenge for us and he just told us from day one it was going to be tough and he was going to push us every day,” Andrew stated.

“And that’s what we really wanted to hear. We just want to become better players.”

Kentucky has landed four consecutive # 1 recruiting classes under John Calipari, and the Cats are in terrific shape for other blue-chip players like James Young, James Randle, and Andrew Wiggins. The defending national champs seem to be on a nearly unprecedented roll, perhaps matched only by John Wooden's incredible run at UCLA. That run was accomplished with players who generally stayed four years at UCLA, however, and no school has ever matched John Calipari's prowess at consistently landing the best of the best since he arrived at Kentucky.

Kentucky's Elite Eighth (see, book, Larry Vaught) was a special national championship, and included their second consecutive trip to the Final Four. From Gr8ness to Dy9asty? Only time will tell, but the Cats have their sights set firmly on national title # 9, loading up with the bluest of blue chip players like Andrew and Aaron Harrison.
      They may be playing for title #10 in 2013-14

Darryl
      Darrell KSR -
      Waiting on you to come up with a word with "10" in it .

Give me a word with the letters "IO" in it meaning fantastic, incredible (incred10ble?), etc. We may not have that much time tow ork on it.
      Darrell KSR -
      Glor10us.
      TonyRay -
      In10sity
      UKFlounder -
      10essee

Oh wait...
      blue2ksr -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
      10essee

Oh wait...

Someone needs to take a leather belt to you!

cattails -
      I don't think you will ever see a run like UCLA again and nothing even close to it. First off the field was only 16 teams and UCLA was keeping the best of the best for 4 years (however only playing 3 years varsity). Cal keeps getting the top class because he produces wins with a young team, prepares players for the NBA and has put an average of 5 draft picks per year and over 3 years 11 1st round. I don't expect that to stop and I don't expect him to win the championship every year. But I do see a UK program that is going to compete at the top level every year. Mark my word, other top players will follow the twins to UK for 2013, that's just the way it works. Dynasty like UCLA, no, dynasty for this time period, yes. Eat your heart out UNC, Duke, KU, IU and all the others.
      TonyRay -
      10nacious
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      Don't know aout 10 of 12, but UK will have more than 11 when Cal leaves if he stays another 10.
      akaukswoosh -
      Eat your heart out UNC, Duke, KU, IU and all the others.

What about Loserville?
      Darrell KSR -
      Prodig10us
      Genuine Realist -
      10dire.
      dan_bgblue -
      Con10ders
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      In10midators
      CGWildcat -
      forgive my ignorance, I know these are big recruits, but i don't follow it like you guys....I saw one thread that said these are the two best players EVER at UK....are they that good??? What do we expect?
      LakeCat -
      Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
      forgive my ignorance, I know these are big recruits, but i don't follow it like you guys....I saw one thread that said these are the two best players EVER at UK....are they that good??? What do we expect?
      I believe the reference by the media was that they were the best two player package deal ever not the best players ever.
      ukblue -
      Right coach, right place at the right time. Happens very rarely.
      tpenrod -
      eXcellence, cal's italian, might as well break out the roman numerals
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by tpenrod View Post
      eXcellence, cal's italian, might as well break out the roman numerals
      Very cool, very original thought. I like that.
      bigsky -
      Xcellence is a great idea. Xceptional. Xtraordinary. Xtreme.
  • KSR Twitter Feed