Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Mark Stoops Like his Troops to Start Practice

Notes from the Presser

* Mark Stoops said his team is bigger, stronger and in great shape.

* He said there's quite said few players they have to replace but he like what he has on campus.

* The coach said he is impressed with their habits and feels they are a lot better.

* Stoops said the team is a lot further along on the offensive side of the ball beginning with Terry Wilson. "He has worked extremely hard and he is showing that already," the coach said.

* Confidence and film study is the major factor and it will show based on the second year Hinshaw had Stephen Johnson.

* Stoops rattled off several names they will be working at the outside wide receiver position: 1) Lynn Bowden; 2) Josh Ali; 3) Isaiah Epps; 4) Brice Oliver; 5) Allen Dailey; 6) DeMarcus Harris an early enrollee; 7) Clevan Thomas Jr.; and Marvin Alexander.

* He drew back his enthusiasm and slowed down a little with his wide receiver group but with wide receiver coach Michael Smith back for his second year. He wants to not anoint anyone until they earn it.

* Stoops said Smith had opportunities to leave but didn't and for that reason he feels his receiver group have a chance to be exponentially better.

* He likes his running back unit to be very efficient. "They said the example Benny showed them," the relaxed coach pointing how and determined Snell ran the football. "A.J's (AJ Rose) been around with Kavosiey Smoke and Chris Rodriquez Jr. getting game reps will be a plus."

* He jumped back to the quarterback position and pointing out the jump from year one can be drastic.

* Stoops was loose and had a quiet confidence in his squad. He said it is fun working to get to the position they achieved last season. "You all saw the locker room celebrations (laughs) but they are short lived. He said winning 10 games in the SEC is no joke.

* Coach said Marquez Bembry is out for the spring with knee surgery and Ahmad Wagner is out perhaps until after the spring break with a hamstring.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post