Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Kermit Davis couldn't stop PJ Washington

By LARRY VAUGHT

Mississippi coach Kermit Davis said it didn't matter who his team put on PJ Washington Tuesday night because no one could match up with the Kentucky sophomore.

He had all 13 of his points in the second half after failing to score in the first half when he played just seven minutes because of foul trouble.

"We double teamed him at times, and he just caught it on the wide post, just making post moves. We had Bruce (Stevens) in the same spots second half. They have weak side rim protection, and that's something we don't have right now," Davis said.

"We've got to recruit that and get it in our team. He's a good player but he only got 13. Those two wings (Tyler Herro and Keldon Johnson) were the ones that were playing downhill most of the games."

Davis said he told his players to be prepared for what Washington would bring and to emulate what he did on the court.

"We double teamed him at times, he's the toughest one (in the SEC). Grant Williams (of Tennessee) is one, but PJ is a little harder because he's a little taller," Davis said.

"He sees the floor, and they get him on that same block all the time. He's a very mature player who doesn't try to do things he can't do. He stays within himself."
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post