Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Terry Wilson to be presented Howard Schnellenberger Award

Kentucky quarterback was Most Valuable Player of the Governor’s Cup Game

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Kentucky quarterback Terry Wilson will officially receive the Howard Schnellenberger Award, signifying the most valuable player of the annual Governor’s Cup football game between Kentucky and Louisville, Thursday night as part of the Paul Hornung Award Dinner at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville.

Wilson led UK to a 56-10 win on Nov. 24 in Cardinal Stadium, giving the Wildcats a 9-3 regular-season record and setting the stage for UK’s triumphant trip to the VRBO Citrus Bowl. Against the Cardinals, Wilson accounted for 340 yards total offense and four touchdowns.* The sophomore from Oklahoma City, Okla., completed 17 of 23 passes for 261 yards and career-high three touchdown passes. He also had 79 net rushing yards with one TD.*

The Schnellenberger Award is sponsored each year by the Louisville Sports Commission and is presented to the MVP of the winning team. The honor is named for Schnellenberger, an All-American end at the University of Kentucky in the 1950s who later had a successful career as head coach at the University of Louisville. Schnellenberger is expected to be in attendance at tonight’s event, along with former Kentucky quarterback Stephen Johnson, winner of the 2016 Schnellenberger Award.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post