Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Kentucky sends message with decisive win over Tennessee

By LARRY VAUGHT

What kind of message did building a 24-point lead over No. 1 Tennessee and eventually winning by 17 points send to college basketball about Kentucky?

“We are just doing what we do in practice every day. We listen to our coaches and that’s what we do, we are just doing what we do in practice," Johnson, who had 13 points in five minutes in the first half, said. "Got a big win, you know.”

Johnson said PJ Washington, who got UK's first seven points and finished with 23, has to be the team's first option every game.

"I mean you can always go to him and I was definitely fine with it," Johnson said. "I started off hot and he got it going, and I was just like take it and run with it, and do what you have to do man. We believe in everything he can do, and we trust him out there to do what he has to do.”

Kentucky had squandered some big leads in games this season, including Tuesday when it ended up losing at home to LSU. Calipari said the LSU loss is why went Tennessee went on a 13-0 run to cut into UK's lead that his team didn't wilt.

"We lost to LSU. So I hit them right after the game with LSU and just said, 'Hey, that was a tough loss, but you know what, we needed it. Because our team is changing, we're not the defensive team that we have been. We have individuals changing how they were playing when they were successful. We need to get it back. We need to go back to what we were,'" Calipari said.

"And you know what, sometimes you got to get knocked in the head to know that. So the loss to LSU probably helped us win this game."
    Comments 3 Comments
      UKRxman93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      IMHO, Kentucky was peeking ahead to Tennessee before playing LSU anyway.
      Part of it was that and the matchup issues we have with LSU.
      Krank -
      I was lucky enough to have center court lowers for the UT game.

The atmosphere was electric. 3rd largest crowd in Rupp history.

More fans in that putrid orange than one would have imagined, even with their program being at an all time high point coming into the game. Most seemed nice.

Plenty also seemed pretty "fat and happy" with their chances before the game. I heard a couple of UT dudes talking about being excited to check out Rupp's environment for a game, given how UK Basketball is the "biggest".

One of 'em said they couldn't wait to see what it was like.

I couldn't resist a comment while passing them by... "You'll see what Rupp is like tonight, but you won't like it as much as you hope."

It was loud and PJ was one of the most consistently crowd-raising players I have ever seen for any game there. He kept encouraging the already VERY loud crowd to go LOUDER, lol.

There was a REAL connection between fans and team last night.

It was cool as hell.
      CatQuick -
      Problem is that we now have to go there. Can see the tables being turned if we’re not as locked in.
  • KSR Twitter Feed