Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Calipari prepares for South Carolina

By LARRY VAUGHT

Get ready for Kentucky coach John Calipari to tell you that if South Carolina is clicking from 3-point range it could be a really hard game for Kentucky Tuesday night in Rupp Arena.

South Carolina was 15-for-23 from the field in the second half during its win at Georgia Saturday and went 11-for-16 — 68.8 percent — from 3-point range. South Carolina built a 15-point lead in the first half, holding Georgia to 3-for-19 (16 percent) shooting the first 11 minutes of what turned out to be an 86-60 road win.

The Gamecocks are only 11-10 overall but are a surprising 6-2 in SEC play.

Senior Chris Silva had 19 points — his 12th double-figure scoring game in the last 14 — at Georgia along with six rebounds. Freshman A.J. Lawson had 19 points and seven rebounds. Senior guard Hassani Gravett gave the Gamecocks a huge lift off the bench with 13 points and went 3-for-4 from 3-pont range. Point guard Tre Campbell went 3-for-4 from 3-point range as did sophomore Felipe Hasse. 

South Carolina has not won in Rupp Arena since 2009 and look for South Carolina defensively to try what Florida did — jam the middle and let UK take 3-pointers that no one but Tyler Herro could hit early in Saturday’s game.

Florida was the ninth time this season Kentucky has shot 30 percent or worse from 3-point range in a game and with the way PJ Washington has been dominating inside, look for South Carolina to make UK show it can score outside.
    Comments 3 Comments
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      I think we handle South Carolina handily.
      I’m expecting a double-digit win.
      Catfan73 -
      Looks like Vegas expects another close one, UK -18.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
      Looks like Vegas expects another close one, UK -18.
      Lot of points.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post