Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Harrison twins ready to announce

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky recruiting targets Aaron and Andrew Harrison of Texas will make their college show Thursday during a show on ESPNU — “Recruiting Nation” — airing on ESPNU starting at 5 p.m.

The twin guards are rated among the nation’s top five players by most recruiting services and have narrowed their college list to Maryland, where they have family members living, and Kentucky. They also have Southern Methodist left on their final list, but college basketball analysts have had UK and Maryland as the leaders for months.

Andrew Harrison, the nation’s top-ranked point guard, posted on Twitter that “Thursday will be the toughest decision I ever had to make, but I’m looking forward to it.”

Craig Brownson coaches the talented twins at Travis High School in Richmond, Texas. They had originally intended to make their college choice Oct. 29, but now want to make their choice before the high school team opens official practice Oct. 24.

“That way they can focus on our season and our team,” said Brownson said. “I think they are just a little tired of the whole process. As nice as the national attention is, they are ready to get it done and move on. There’s really been no change in their thinking. They are just ready to make their choice.

“It seems like almost every day there has been some kind of national story involving them and what they are going to do or not do. There have been so many rumors out there. They are just ready to get it all settled.”

Those rumors have included whether the twins would go to Midnight Madness at Maryland or attend UK’s Big Blue Madness, an event they came to in 2011.

Brownson said the Harrison’s father had dealt with most of the recruiting attention, but that he had been bombarded with calls once word came out that they were announcing Thursday.

“Once it hit Twitter, I got quite a lot of calls,” the Texas coach said.

He said having ESPNU at Travis High School will create a bit of a stir among the students Thursday.

“It’s going to be a neat thing for all the kids,” Brownson, who will bring his team to Kentucky to play in the Marshall County Hoop Fest Nov. 30-Dec. 1, said. “They wanted to do this in front of their classmates. We have had cameras here before obviously because of how talented they are, but we have not had ESPN come for a show like this. It will be a big deal for the whole school. There is going to be a lot of hype around school over this.”

Part of that hype is because the Harrisons are so popular at the school.

“Andrew was picked as homecoming king last week,” Brownson said. “That was a neat deal for him, but they are both very well liked, and it’s not just because of their athletic ability. They are great kids and everybody here just wants what is best for them.”
    Brownson would offer no predictions on what school the twins would pick Thursday.

“They know what they want to do and that’s why they are ready to announce,” he said. “They’ll let everyone know Thursday and then we can move on with their senior season.”
    Comments 10 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Love the fact that you have access like that, Larry. Must be a good sign.
      badrose -
      They know what they want to do and that’s why they are ready to announce,” he said. “They’ll let everyone know Thursday and then we can move on with their senior season.”

I like what he said here instead of other ways it could have been said.
      Darrell KSR -
      Great pickup, badrose.
      badrose -
      I wonder if it might be worded differently now. The Rice fiasco jaded my outlook where parents and players disagree.
      Krank -
      Wow, Larry, I really liked how this was written a lot. Thanks for the great read.
      CitizenBBN -
      Great work Larry.
      LarryVaught1 -
      He will also on the air with us Sunday morning on WLAP. Agreed immediately. Hoping that is a good signtoo
      jazyd -
      Must have good looking cheerleaders for the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Love the fact that you have access like that, Larry. Must be a good sign.
      Jeeepcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by LarryVaught1 View Post
      He will also on the air with us Sunday morning on WLAP. Agreed immediately. Hoping that is a good signtoo
      That's a powerful indicator

Thanks LV!
      Terminus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeeepcat View Post
      That's a powerful indicator

Thanks LV!
      Agree and it would certainly seem to be an auspicious one.
  • KSR Twitter Feed