Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Wildcats Complete the Second of a Three Game Cycle with Win over the Mississippi

The Cats had 20-7 lead at the 13:19 mark of the first half and at the 13:24 mark of the second half the lead diminished to a two point lead. Nick Richard went to the line for two and made one. As has been in the last few game Richards has spark them. After the score was reduced the Cats pushed the lead back out to five points at the 11:09 mark of the second half. Though Richards pick up his third foul John Calipari left him in the game at the spark continued.

At the 3:29 mark of the second half the lead was comfortable 66-53 for the Cats. On the strength of 50 percent shooting and 60 percent from the three point line the Cats built the lead.

Another huge contributing factor to the wins is that they are communicating on defense more. And as per usual the defense is the staple of their winning ways. “We are communicating a lot more on defense now,” P.J. Washington said. “At the beginning of the year we weren’t talking on defense.” This is a trait that seems as though Calipari has to cultivate in all of his teams that seemingly is a trait in all young players.

The final score was 76-55. The Cats have now completed two of the three most crucial games of the season. The reason for the importance of this stretch is it is the leading into the deep waters of the SEC.

The Cats held Mississippi State to 31 percent shooting and won the second half rebounding battle. Tyler continued his hot three point shooting hitting all three of his ties.

Cal’s team had 14 assist to States 5 which again points up the sharing of the basketball. If Nick Richards continues to develop the Wildcats will get better as the season goes on and will be ready in March.

P.J. Washington led the team on scoring with twenty-one points and Calipari is still seeking the consistency in him that will make him a great Pro.
    Comments 1 Comment
      CatQuick -
      I think PJ had to really impress scouts last night with his game. Showed a good stroke from outside and in the paint along with great physicality. He will be a really good pro for a long time.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post