Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Ashton Hagans SEC Freshman of the Week

SEC Freshman of the Week – Kentucky guard Ashton Hagans, a 6-foot-3, 192-pound freshman from Cartersville, Ga., averaged 16.5 points, 4.5 assists, four steals and 2.5 rebounds while shooting 73.3 percent (11-of-15) from the field in wins over Texas A&M and Vanderbilt. His 18 points against the Aggies marked a career-high total, the third straight game he topped his own personal-best mark. Hagans followed with a team-high-tying and game-high 15 points against Vanderbilt. He swiped five steals against Texas A&M and then added three more against Vanderbilt.
    Comments 7 Comments
      KeithKSR -
      It is amazing how far Hagans has come since early December.
      kybobcat -
      Yeah, but he's beginning to get the Rajon Rondo treatment from SEC teams.

The defense is slumping back to the free throw line wherever he is on the perimeter. It's making it hard to find driving OR passing lanes.

Cal needs to adjust or the low possession games like Vandy will become the norm.
      blueboss -
      “Ashton hit one jump shot last game and still got freshman player of the week... hmmm? What does that mean”??? ~ Coach John Calipari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
      “Ashton hit one jump shot last game and still got freshman player of the week... hmmm? What does that mean”??? ~ Coach John Calipari.

Ughh, that he is a great defensive player and finisher at the rim. And that you should get partial credit?

Very deserved Ashton. You too Coach.
      blueboss -
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
      Ughh, that he is a great defensive player and finisher at the rim. And that you should get partial credit?

Very deserved Ashton. You too Coach.
      To be clear, Cal was making a very complimentary statement about Hagens and who the best version of himself he has become.

kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
      To be clear, Cal was making a very complimentary statement about Hagens and who the best version of himself he has become.

I guess I should have put a smiley in there somewhere. The one thing I do know about him is that Cal takes pride in the success of his kids.

And "it" means you you dont have to look for "yours" to be a great player.
      Terminus -
      Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
      It is amazing how far Hagans has come since early December.
      Agree. He's got the mentality and style of play that meshes well with Cal and what he expects. Cal gives him the business on the sidelines a lot of times because he knows Ashton can handle it, understands the intent and responds to it positively even when at times "the tough love" may be more directed at others. jmho He's got the right demeanor and seems to be becoming more comfortable and confident each time he's out on the floor.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post