Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Maybe Josh Allen can be top overall NFL draft pick

By LARRY VAUGHT

Almost immediately after Kentucky beat Penn State in the Citrus Bowl, linebacker Josh Allen proclaimed that he should be the top pick in the NFL draft — an idea that teammate Benny Snell quickly endorsed.

Kentucky recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow, a former NFL tight end, is on board with Allen being No. 1.
    “If Josh Allen is not the first pick of the draft I will be lost for words. He is by far the best player in college football hands down,” Marrow posted on Twitter.

Maybe it could happen, too.

At least two NFL mock drafts I looked at today had Allen going No. 2 in the draft to the San Francisco 49ers.

“Allen could have entered the draft last year but the odds were slim that someone would have taken him in the first round,” RJ White of CBS Sports wrote. “Now, unless he has a terrible predraft season, he’s almost certain to go in the top five after a year where he doubled his sack total (to 14) after adding weight.”

Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa is now the projected No. 1 pick but a lot could change at the NFL combine and other redraft workouts and interviews.

Allen has gone from a first-round pick when the season started to a possible top 10 pick in mid-December to the No. 2 pick now. Obviously playing in the bowl game rather than bypassing a bowl like other top players did may have enhanced his draft position.

Allen won the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Chuck Bednarik Award and Lott IMPACT Trophy, all given to the nation’s top defensive player. He was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year.

• KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post